Auchinleck Talbot v Ayr United televised

Duraglit shareholder

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

If the West Juniors are in the pyramid next season will Talbot be applying for an SFA license and entering the play offs for promotion should they win the league?

NO

6 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

I actually thought the TV coverage was excellent. The wee section they did at half time caught the mood and situation perfectly.

They highlighted Auchinleck as a mining village which could have been destroyed when the pits shut but the club has kept the village buoyant. Great too to see and hear from two of my boyhood heroes Willie Young and Kenny Paterson. I hope BBC want to show the next round as well.

Yup,I thought that both the pre-match and half-time pieces were pretty good,and it certainly looked like Steven Thompson was enjoying his wee tour round the social club.:) Some years ago I watched Steven Whyte give a midfield masterclass at the Celsius and it was good to see the wee guy turn back the clock with another excellent performance yesterday.

Well done to Tucker (surely only a matter of time until it's Sir Tommy) and everyone at Talbot for providing a real day to remember! :)

23 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

If the West Juniors are in the pyramid next season will Talbot be applying for an SFA license and entering the play offs for promotion should they win the league?

Don’t have the ambition unfortunately. Easier staying in the Juniors and being the big team than testing themselves. Also let’s them keep the argument going that they’d be some force if they did join, rather than joining and actually seeing for real.

Just now, Midge said:

Nor me

BF975D77-F4FF-42DD-9A3D-52B34FE3FAC4.jpeg.d35c16be16f9966816a2d6d52652962e.jpeg

Most people I told that 14's was a ridiculous price did manage to take cash off the bookies, it will be many years before a 14/1 chance had such a good opportunity of victory in football.

I'm perfectly calm, yesterday didn't come as too much of a surprise to me.

Thought talbot would’ve played well with a good few chances but ultimately presumed it would end about 3-4 nil to Ayr. Just goes to show!

Hopefully Clydebank can lift the junior cup this year n have a wee run in the senior Scottish..

1 minute ago, WitsTheGoalieDain? said:

Thought talbot would’ve played well with a good few chances but ultimately presumed it would end about 3-4 nil to Ayr. Just goes to show!

Hopefully Clydebank can lift the junior cup this year n have a wee run in the senior Scottish..

That's what I expected IF we turned up but I was no more than 20/30% confident we'd turn up, we've been poor for months apart from an occasional cameo.

26 minutes ago, WitsTheGoalieDain? said:

Do you think you’ll go up this season?

At our best we're the best team in the league, as it stands, I don't see us making the playoffs in our current mood (I'm saying that as someone who thought we'd make the playoffs before a ball was kicked), we won't win a game in the Championship while we're in our current state of playing tippytappy turgid pish, it's too easy to sit in and wait for your chances to appear against us at the moment.

Archived