• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Duraglit shareholder

Auchinleck Talbot v Ayr United televised

Will tickets be in sale at the Cumnock game on Saturday 12th January?

Talbot must fancy their chances against Ayr,who are going through a spell just now,struggling to get a win and score a goal 

Talbot's allocation is sold out.

1 hour ago, andy25 said:
1 hour ago, Larky55 said:

Talbot's allocation is sold out.

Big day for the Town, good luck Andy enjoy the game.

1 hour ago, Meadowman said:

Talbot must fancy their chances against Ayr,who are going through a spell just now,struggling to get a win and score a goal 

Can't really make that as a fair comparison though in not dominating and winning at championship level compared to playing against a junior team. 

12 minutes ago, ThemightyHERTHA said:

Can't really make that as a fair comparison though in not dominating and winning at championship level compared to playing against a junior team. 

there's a crumb of comfort in the fact Ayr aren't quite hammering teams like they were when the draw was made (think they slaughtered Dundee United away around that time). 

Still a massive ask obviously although nobody can be blamed for getting their hopes up as the heart generally rules the head in these matters. 

On 06/01/2019 at 13:47, Shanner said:

there's a crumb of comfort in the fact Ayr aren't quite hammering teams like they were when the draw was made (think they slaughtered Dundee United away around that time). 

Still a massive ask obviously although nobody can be blamed for getting their hopes up as the heart generally rules the head in these matters. 

And will they be missing their top striker, Shankland out with achilles injury at weekend or is he set for a big transfer, that being real reason he didnt play.

3 hours ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

And will they be missing their top striker, Shankland out with achilles injury at weekend or is he set for a big transfer, that being real reason he didnt play.

No conspiracy theories here. He was genuinely injured, did it in training early last week. And he could well be playing at Beechwood.

3 hours ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

He's due back this Saturday, so unless something happens between now and the Talbot game either through transfer activity or a new injury, then I'd fully expect him to be playing.

He's due back this Saturday, so unless something happens between now and the Talbot game either through transfer activity or a new injury, then I'd fully expect him to be playing.
I want him playing. Might be a chance to see a potentially great player playing at Beechwood.

16 minutes ago, Talbot 1978 said:
2 hours ago, WATTOO said:

I want him playing. Might be a chance to see a potentially great player playing at Beechwood.

Yes, he's as good an all round front player as I've seen in a very long time and is much much more than just a goalscorer.

I just hope that when he does move he makes it the right one from a footballing perspective.

8 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, he's as good an all round front player as I've seen in a very long time and is much much more than just a goalscorer.

I just hope that when he does move he makes it the right one from a footballing perspective.

Have heard it said before Wattoo that Ayr just aren't the same team when he's not on the park.

9 hours ago, happy said:

Have heard it said before Wattoo that Ayr just aren't the same team when he's not on the park.

There's no doubt that his off the ball runs and workrate are superb as he draws people away and  leaves space for others, his touch is also very good, he's deceptively fast and he's very powerful, apart from that he's got an excellent temperament and comes across as a good guy. When he scores he doesn't make a big deal, he congratulates his team mates on the pass etc and he doesn't go annoying the opposing fans. All good.

Having said that, I think we're missing Forrest more than anyone at the moment as his creativity and link play makes a big difference as far as I'm concerned.

Hopefully we'll have a full team out and it's a good spectacle for all of us.

On ‎10‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 23:07, happy said:

Difficult thing to judge as he has only missed three games for us since he signed.

Of those three, one we should have won, one we won at a canter and one we put in a really shit performance but arguably deserved something from the game.

We've had poor performances when he has started though

No...and yes.

But we (mostly) all still want the Talbotians to win. Fingers crossed for them, but this really is one step too far. Enjoy the day with dignity & pride that your team got to that stage.

3 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

No...and yes.

But we (mostly) all still want the Talbotians to win. Fingers crossed for them, but this really is one step too far. Enjoy the day with dignity & pride that your team got to that stage.

A few weeks ago I would have said easy win for Ayr! If Shankland is not playing they seem to be struggling, let’s hope that this is the case and Talbot win!

4 hours ago, Talbot supporter said:

Do you think Talbot can cause an upset or is it a formality that Ayr will win quite easy? 

If Talbot get the tactics spot on and play out of their skins then at the very least they will frustrate Ayr and then who knows what can happen. 

Ayr are likely  to have the bulk of possession so the home crowd need to  remember this and stay supportive and loud throughout.  Same sort of craic as against Cove Rangers in the replay where it was electric. 

I would love Talbot to pull of one of the truly great shocks but just feel that the pace and fitness level of Ayr will be too much-as it would be for any junior side.Who knows though....