Auchinleck Talbot v Ayr United televised

Duraglit shareholder

20 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

I am fairly certain that if Killie were drawn to play Auchinleck you would be overly confident of a Killie win. And rightly so. The gulf between the junior and the senior game is huge. But hey shocks happen from time to time so you never know.

If we actually entered the Junior Scottish Cup, then we probably would have won it by now

IIRC, Talbot have beaten a few senior teams to get to this stage so the gap can’t be that big.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, .Stuart. said:

IIRC, Talbot have beaten a few senior teams to get to this stage so the gap can’t be that big.

Well SPFL teams if you want to be precise about it, but I am sure you knew what I meant.

34 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

I am fairly certain that if Killie were drawn to play Auchinleck you would be overly confident of a Killie win. And rightly so. The gulf between the junior and the senior game is huge. But hey shocks happen from time to time so you never know.

If we actually entered the Junior Scottish Cup, then we probably would have won it by now

The gap and quality when you reach a certain level in the seniors is huge, of course you will get the odd surprise of Dumbarton being beat by bonnyrigg Rose and talbot narrowly being beaten by hearts, however in terms of championship sides and above its a huge gulf from junior and so it should be, any championship team in form should be beating a junior team comfortably. 

1 hour ago, I'm Brian said:

You PROBABLY would  have, however.....

Please remember WFAANW. :thumsup2

Anyway. while you're quite correct about the gulf between the sides, there is a difference between confidence and arrogance as the OP stated.

Anyway the cup is a great leveler, especially when the 'diddy' team is at home.

MOAN THE 'BOT. 

Interesting that when Talbot were drawn away to Wick, we were told they were at a different level, that tie  was negotiated,  Cove were regarded the best non league side and too much for a Junior side, despatched with a response from the North East that was laughable as one ridulous excuse followed another. Then Fraserburgh, a decent HL side, yet again massive bookies favourite, in truth Talbot won easier than the 0-1 score line suggested. Now, no one is suggesting that Ayr are not a step up in quality and if they turn up all cylinders they will win. However, the desperation of some in the Junior ranks to see a capitulation by the Junior side reeks of envy. If both turn up the senior side will go through, but not after a rip roaring cup tie. Should Ayr not get it together a shock is on. if Talbot don’t show and Ayr do, a rout is on. But I don’t want to disappoint the Beith guys who are clearly desperate for a Talbot cave  in, doubt that is going to happen. Bring it on! 

6 minutes ago, Smudger said:
45 minutes ago, RedEd said:
Just of of interest, how many tickets are Talbot fans allowed to buy?

Not that I went to buy my ticket but pretty sure it's within reason

I'm just curious. It doesn't matter to me how Talbot distribute their tickets. 

Interesting that when Talbot were drawn away to Wick, we were told they were at a different level, that tie  was negotiated,  Cove were regarded the best non league side and too much for a Junior side, despatched with a response from the North East that was laughable as one ridulous excuse followed another. Then Fraserburgh, a decent HL side, yet again massive bookies favourite, in truth Talbot won easier than the 0-1 score line suggested. Now, no one is suggesting that Ayr are not a step up in quality and if they turn up all cylinders they will win. However, the desperation of some in the Junior ranks to see a capitulation by the Junior side reeks of envy. If both turn up the senior side will go through, but not after a rip roaring cup tie. Should Ayr not get it together a shock is on. if Talbot don’t show and Ayr do, a rout is on. But I don’t want to disappoint the Beith guys who are clearly desperate for a Talbot cave  in, doubt that is going to happen. Bring it on! 
Which junior supporters told you all those teams would be too good for Talbot?

1 hour ago, energyzone said:
19 hours ago, Bella La ghostie said:

Which junior supporters told you all those teams would be too good for Talbot?

Talbot played Pollok just before the Wick tie, some punters at that game stated that Talbot would be stepping up a level and wouldn’t progress, the bookies shared this view. Cove were supremely confident even after the first draw, they seemed to find it hard to accept they were well beaten fair and square, bookies had Talbot 7-1 at one point. Fraserburgh were a lot more humble but the bookies still had them favourites. Talbot won quite convincingly. I therefore suggest that this cup run has had Talbot as under dogs since first round proper. They are big under dogs again, probably rightly so for the first time. Anytime any Junior team has been in this trophy I have been right behind them as with most genuine Junior fans. It is interesting that some can’t put their petty preduduce behind and wish Talbot the best. The yearning by the desperate for them to fall flat is born out of complete envy. Ayr have the talent to beat a Junior team convincingly, they all ready have this season. They could again, but I think it will be a lot tougher this time round because they are playing the best cup team ever to grace the Juniors, whatever makes that so, will be the vital ingredient. 

Archived