Auchinleck Talbot v Ayr United televised

Duraglit shareholder

Give credit where it’s due and without doubt a phenomenal result today for talbot, thought they looked comfortable throughout and it was hard to tell which side was the Scottish 1st division leaders and which 1 was the junior team. I have no doubt the universal credit will be well spent in auchinleck tonight [emoji481][emoji481]. Well done talbot you’ve done junior football proud

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Just shows what Talbot might be able to achieve if they had the balls to join the pyramid. 

Bullshit- They are in the pryamid from season 2019-20.....A true Junior club who have stuck to their roots. Well done today, Talbot deserve nothing but praise for what they achieved today

That double sub from Talbot right after the Ayr one was ballsy as f**k. I was wondering what they were waiting for with the subs because there was a fair few tired legs for a while, but I think they were waiting to see if they had Shankland to worry about, and when he didn't come on, decided they didn't provide much threat and instantly took advantage.

Love a good cup shock, and this was a lovely one indeed.

2 hours ago, Bawrash1 said:

Give credit where it’s due and without doubt a phenomenal result today for talbot, thought they looked comfortable throughout and it was hard to tell which side was the Scottish 1st division leaders and which 1 was the junior team. I have no doubt the universal credit will be well spent in auchinleck tonight emoji481.pngemoji481.png. Well done talbot you’ve done junior football proud

Yes got agree with bawrash ,some result for the tablet the day , great  effort from them 

Now all the focus is on rutherglen but hey the old firm away wouldn't upset my tomorrow #wevegotcraigMcCracken 
I liked Billy Dodds' comments after the final whistle - "this result will be celebrated long into the night and probably for days to come".

Here's hoping your all still pished next Saturday. 🤣

8 hours ago, Wild Winton Rover said:

Brilliant national coverage on BBC News on result of the day from Ayreshire and Auchenlick Talbot win against Ayre. Proper English pronunciation.

I actually thought the TV coverage was excellent. The wee section they did at half time caught the mood and situation perfectly.

They highlighted Auchinleck as a mining village which could have been destroyed when the pits shut but the club has kept the village buoyant. Great too to see and hear from two of my boyhood heroes Willie Young and Kenny Paterson. I hope BBC want to show the next round as well.

12 hours ago, Principal Flutie said:

That double sub from Talbot right after the Ayr one was ballsy as f**k. I was wondering what they were waiting for with the subs because there was a fair few tired legs for a while, but I think they were waiting to see if they had Shankland to worry about, and when he didn't come on, decided they didn't provide much threat and instantly took advantage.

Love a good cup shock, and this was a lovely one indeed.

Shankland wasn't on the bench. 

Archived