Auchinleck Talbot v Ayr United televised

Duraglit shareholder

3 hours ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

And will they be missing their top striker, Shankland out with achilles injury at weekend or is he set for a big transfer, that being real reason he didnt play.

He's due back this Saturday, so unless something happens between now and the Talbot game either through transfer activity or a new injury, then I'd fully expect him to be playing.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's due back this Saturday, so unless something happens between now and the Talbot game either through transfer activity or a new injury, then I'd fully expect him to be playing.
I want him playing. Might be a chance to see a potentially great player playing at Beechwood.

16 minutes ago, Talbot 1978 said:
2 hours ago, WATTOO said:

I want him playing. Might be a chance to see a potentially great player playing at Beechwood.

Yes, he's as good an all round front player as I've seen in a very long time and is much much more than just a goalscorer.

I just hope that when he does move he makes it the right one from a footballing perspective.

8 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, he's as good an all round front player as I've seen in a very long time and is much much more than just a goalscorer.

I just hope that when he does move he makes it the right one from a footballing perspective.

Have heard it said before Wattoo that Ayr just aren't the same team when he's not on the park.

9 hours ago, happy said:

Have heard it said before Wattoo that Ayr just aren't the same team when he's not on the park.

There's no doubt that his off the ball runs and workrate are superb as he draws people away and  leaves space for others, his touch is also very good, he's deceptively fast and he's very powerful, apart from that he's got an excellent temperament and comes across as a good guy. When he scores he doesn't make a big deal, he congratulates his team mates on the pass etc and he doesn't go annoying the opposing fans. All good.

Having said that, I think we're missing Forrest more than anyone at the moment as his creativity and link play makes a big difference as far as I'm concerned.

Hopefully we'll have a full team out and it's a good spectacle for all of us.

On ‎10‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 23:07, happy said:

Difficult thing to judge as he has only missed three games for us since he signed.

Of those three, one we should have won, one we won at a canter and one we put in a really shit performance but arguably deserved something from the game.

We've had poor performances when he has started though

3 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

No...and yes.

But we (mostly) all still want the Talbotians to win. Fingers crossed for them, but this really is one step too far. Enjoy the day with dignity & pride that your team got to that stage.

A few weeks ago I would have said easy win for Ayr! If Shankland is not playing they seem to be struggling, let’s hope that this is the case and Talbot win!

4 hours ago, Talbot supporter said:

Do you think Talbot can cause an upset or is it a formality that Ayr will win quite easy? 

If Talbot get the tactics spot on and play out of their skins then at the very least they will frustrate Ayr and then who knows what can happen. 

Ayr are likely  to have the bulk of possession so the home crowd need to  remember this and stay supportive and loud throughout.  Same sort of craic as against Cove Rangers in the replay where it was electric. 

With this game on cooncil telly, it will hopefully have some knock on effect to the bars at other junior grounds.

Our bar will be open from midday before our home match with Beith, so punters can have a beer/dram/soft drink watching Talbot and then step outside to watch a top of the table league clash.

All welcome.

4 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Think that's in the event of postponement, if it's a replay i think it's the Tuesday night at Somerset. 

Yes, as long as we keep the shillings in the meter then our floodlights should be fully operational for an Evening kick off !!!

43 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Think that's in the event of postponement, if it's a replay i think it's the Tuesday night at Somerset. 

Sorry yeah, you're right. I'd read the bits in the thread about the weather and read the question as what'd happen if the game was postponed. After 3rd round, replays get played in the second midweek after the first match - can't be a Thursday or Friday, unless both teams and the SFA agree an earlier date.

Archived