Auchinleck Talbot v Ayr United televised

Duraglit shareholder

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Shanner said:

You were wrong, it happens. 

Like I said, it wasn't me who came up with it so I wasn't wrong and it didn't happen.

Maybe you could provide some of the many more examples of cup shocks on a par with a junior team beating the Championship leaders.

Or you could just fire out smug one-liners.

7 minutes ago, The real Dembele said:

Like I said, it wasn't me who came up with it so I wasn't wrong and it didn't happen.

Maybe you could provide some of the many more examples of cup shocks on a par with a junior team beating the Championship leaders.

Or you could just fire out smug one-liners.

Wrong again,they are not Championship leaders.I could have provided more shock than five but almost all readers will have got the jist of what I was on about. I shall allow you the last word on this topic, your wellcome.

2 hours ago, happy said:

Wrong again,they are not Championship leaders.I could have provided more shock than five but almost all readers will have got the jist of what I was on about. I shall allow you the last word on this topic, your wellcome.

I wasn't arguing with you, I was using your examples to illustrate that your team were long shots. But if you want to join in and have a pop fair enough. I'll leave the last word to you though (well two words as you're being pedantic).

2 hours ago, Shanner said:

So in 30 years, dozens of ties per year there have been five notable shocks.

3 hours ago, The real Dembele said:

5 hours ago, happy said:

CELTIC 1 INVERNESS C T 2    2000

FALKIRK 4 HEARTS 0    2003

CLYDE 2 CELTIC 1    2006

ALBION ROVERS 1 MOTHERWELL 0    2013

RANGERS 0 HAMILTON 1    1987

Not sure what bit of this you don't understand.

3 hours ago, Talbot 1978 said:

Nope,

Heard of Mark?

Yes, he was a fancy dan youngster who thought he was far better than he was, with the white boots etc who never made it at Ayr, hence the reason he's plying his trade in the Juniors.

35 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, he was a fancy dan youngster who thought he was far better than he was, with the white boots etc who never made it at Ayr, hence the reason he's plying his trade in the Juniors.

Do Ayr not hold his registration papers after falling out with Mark Roberts and he can only play as an amateur hence playing in the Juniors?

19 hours ago, Shanner said:

You'd have to be astonishingly ill informed about the history of the Scottish cup to draw that conclusion. 

It might not have the tradition of shocks that the FA cup has but it has it's share alright, and I doubt Talbot beating Ayr would rank as the biggest of them either. 

Dumbarton v Bonnyrigg, a fair chance that'd already be a bigger shock even if Talbot win.

On 12/11/2018 at 10:08, paul wright scores said:

Actually, I do.     I used to go to a lot of the big Talbot games in the 80s and 90s along with my father dad and his uncle as they were Talbot fans, and I hated the arrogance of the Talbot fans.

I have stood at Dunterlie and listened to them slaughtering Kille and Ayr, yet over the years their teams were full of guys who weren't good enough for either team. 

I also attended these games and, unlike you, I was very impressed by the passion shown by the 'Bot fans and how the whole community came out to support them.

Rest assured that a huge majority of Killie fans have a soft spot for them and, given who they're playing, its a no brainer who we want to win.

I know a good few who plan to attend the game.

I also struggle to comprehend the arrogance of the A"r  fans on here who think they only have to turn up to win.

Given the respective histories of both clubs, there's only one that's actually won a  Scottish Cup. FFS.

Come on Talbot and do East Ayrshire proud !

7 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

Ayr will be 3 or 4 up by half time with or without shankland. If the game was not live on the telly then i think it could have been close.

Do Ayr get goals because it's on telly ?

On ‎26‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 16:22, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

I also struggle to comprehend the arrogance of the A"r  fans on here who think they only have to turn up to win.

Given the respective histories of both clubs, there's only one that's actually won a  Scottish Cup. FFS.

I am fairly certain that if Killie were drawn to play Auchinleck you would be overly confident of a Killie win. And rightly so. The gulf between the junior and the senior game is huge. But hey shocks happen from time to time so you never know.

If we actually entered the Junior Scottish Cup, then we probably would have won it by now

Archived