Auchinleck Talbot v Ayr United televised

Duraglit shareholder

53 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

You have some decent fans and decent posters here, however there's a right few fucking wallopers as can be seen from the last few posts and if you don't appreciate that you're in for a total skelping from a "big team", then you're in for a very rude awakening................

Ayr must have some out of this world players!

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

You have some decent fans and decent posters here, however there's a right few fucking wallopers as can be seen from the last few posts and if you don't appreciate that you're in for a total skelping from a "big team", then you're in for a very rude awakening................

I just hope Ayr turn up at Beechwood with the same attitude as this quarter wit, however i think Ayr as a team and  a class manager and boardroom will give Talbot the respect due.

3 hours ago, WitsTheGoalieDain? said:

Be good to see talbot cause a massive upset as it’ll look cracking for the grade, Although realistically they’ll put about 7 past you.

You not fancy being the bankies version of sommerset boab? 

Ground share (psst what's the Talbot score, thst Wilson is magic, wait I mean I hate Talbot) Boab? :lol: I'm sure a few on here can help with song suggestions if you like :thumsup2

15 hours ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

First time you broke 2000 was last week only because it was  1st v 2nd in table, shit numbers for top of Championship,McCalls in the Post everyweek asking supporters to attend.

:lol::lol::lol:

So you also can't count.

27 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

:lol::lol::lol:

So you also can't count.

In your previous 8 home league games did the attendance ever exceed 2K.If it did i sincerely apologise, although  i thought only the Ross County match got that.I seriously hope Ayr go on and win the Championship, as your obviously a passionate fan of Ayr what do you think are reasons why the town doesnt seem to get  behind the team that are doing so well.Looking at your rivals Ross County, for such a  small place compared to Ayr could draw a crowd of 3500 yesterday, and i dought many were Partick fans so far North.Im not having a  go its always got me wondering if Ayr  lose fans to the old firm, or would a new stadium help because if fans arn't excited about the team they have now what will bring fans through the door?

2 hours ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

In your previous 8 home league games did the attendance ever exceed 2K.If it did i sincerely apologise, although  i thought only the Ross County match got that.I seriously hope Ayr go on and win the Championship, as your obviously a passionate fan of Ayr what do you think are reasons why the town doesnt seem to get  behind the team that are doing so well.Looking at your rivals Ross County, for such a  small place compared to Ayr could draw a crowd of 3500 yesterday, and i dought many were Partick fans so far North.Im not having a  go its always got me wondering if Ayr  lose fans to the old firm, or would a new stadium help because if fans arn't excited about the team they have now what will bring fans through the door?

Everyone except Inverness have visited Somerset and the only time it has been sub 2,000 was a midweek game against Alloa. 

Ross County - 2,030

Greenock Morton - 2,346

Queen of the South - 2,539

Alloa - 1,742

Dundee United - 2,621

Falkirk - 2,250

Dunfermline - 2,597

Partick Thistle - 3,249

13 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Everyone except Inverness have visited Somerset and the only time it has been sub 2,000 was a midweek game against Alloa. 

Ross County - 2,030

Greenock Morton - 2,346

Queen of the South - 2,539

Alloa - 1,742

Dundee United - 2,621

Falkirk - 2,250

Dunfermline - 2,597

Partick Thistle - 3,249

Taking into account away fans it still seems Ayr manage home fans under or around the 2K mark,i just think the team and what their doing deserves more support.I will leave it at that and hope Ayr go on to win league, just hope your cup interest ends Jan 19th.

Must admit that I’m looking forward to watching this tie on tv. Most of the time the only thing you hear from the juniors is bad press as was seen yesterday . So hopefully this will put a good light on our grade & show those who aren’t clued up that it’s not all bad . Expect Ayr to win by a couple goals but with Talbot shooting towards the pavilion end you just know there will be a penalty shout or 2 for them [emoji12]

20 minutes ago, fan of the juniors said:

Must admit that I’m looking forward to watching this tie on tv. Most of the time the only thing you hear from the juniors is bad press as was seen yesterday . So hopefully this will put a good light on our grade & show those who aren’t clued up that it’s not all bad . Expect Ayr to win by a couple goals but with Talbot shooting towards the pavilion end you just know there will be a penalty shout or 2 for them emoji12.png

Does anyone know when our last penalty was shooting towards the club house?

CELTIC 1 INVERNESS C T 2    2000

FALKIRK 4 HEARTS 0    2003

CLYDE 2 CELTIC 1    2006

ALBION ROVERS 1 MOTHERWELL 0    2013

RANGERS 0 HAMILTON 1    1987

As long as results like this continue the wee teams shall always dream. Que sera' sera'. As the legend Ally MacLeod would say.And on that note as much as I like Ian Holland MacCall as a manager i would love to see him in the Talbot dugout with his head in his hands just like Ally did in Argentina.

Scotland will never win the World Cup.

Talbot will never win the Scottish Cup,but we are all allowed to dream and live with it.

56 minutes ago, happy said:

CELTIC 1 INVERNESS C T 2    2000

FALKIRK 4 HEARTS 0    2003

CLYDE 2 CELTIC 1    2006

ALBION ROVERS 1 MOTHERWELL 0    2013

RANGERS 0 HAMILTON 1    1987

As long as results like this continue the wee teams shall always dream. Que sera' sera'. As the legend Ally MacLeod would say.And on that note as much as I like Ian Holland MacCall as a manager i would love to see him in the Talbot dugout with his head in his hands just like Ally did in Argentina.

Scotland will never win the World Cup.

Talbot will never win the Scottish Cup,but we are all allowed to dream and live with it.

So in 30 years, dozens of ties per year there have been five notable shocks.

Puts the odds of an Auchinleck win at about 100/1

Personally I think with home advantage they're no bigger than about 6/1 but still long shots.

4 minutes ago, The real Dembele said:

So in 30 years, dozens of ties per year there have been five notable shocks.

You'd have to be astonishingly ill informed about the history of the Scottish cup to draw that conclusion. 

It might not have the tradition of shocks that the FA cup has but it has it's share alright, and I doubt Talbot beating Ayr would rank as the biggest of them either. 

4 minutes ago, Shanner said:

You'd have to be astonishingly ill informed about the history of the Scottish cup to draw that conclusion. 

It might not have the tradition of shocks that the FA cup has but it has it's share alright, and I doubt Talbot beating Ayr would rank as the biggest of them either. 

I didn't draw any conclusions, I quoted what the previous poster said.

There are shocks every week in football. Crystal Palace yesterday for example. Leicester City won the premiership at 5000 / 1. Queen of the South beating Aberdeen in a semi final,everybody loves an underdog giving to topdogs a game.The only reason for a neutral to go against this is If they dislike or have a grudge against the wee team.Its human nature.

Archived