Auchinleck Talbot v Ayr United televised

Duraglit shareholder

8 hours ago, Talbot 1978 said:

A fair comment, but I don't think Rangers are much threat tbh. Saw them against Aberdeen and Dundee last week and looked a bang average side.

Celtic having an off day and we could manage a draw, even possibly a win if it's a home tie.

Only time will tell....

And mine was a rehash?

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Talbot 1978 said:
3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:
It's called reading a thread. It's not all about you.

You just repeat what everyone has said. You don't anything any fresh ideas to the table

You're right. I'm probably not the first to point out that you can't string a sentence together.

On hearing its 3100 all ticket,what quota should Ayr recieve,would they sell a thousand after taking 850 for Beith game.Being live on tv might be a factor although i dont forsee Talbot having any problem  shifting their allocation,quite the opposite infact ,if Talbot managed to muster 2000 away supporters that travelled to Edinburgh the previous time being in the 4th round,will their be a scramble for home  tickets.Should Ayr be cut to 500 that would make segregation easier giving them behind the goals at the Bank end.I really thought Beechwood could hold a lot more than 3K,has the police

decided any more to bea safety issue.

41 minutes ago, TheAftonArmyBear said:

Expect Ayr to win, but it won't be "easy" Talbot will five them a game. Took Ayr until 60 or so mins to score against beith

Every single game is different, of course you're correct regarding the beith game but Ayr hammered Dundee United up at Tannadice only a week or so later so it only takes a couple of early goals and it can be a hugely different game, Talbot could make a cracking contest of it but having saw both teams up close I'm expecting a very convincing gubbing from ayr. 

Ayr uniteds passing and speed of movement is something else and it was awesome at times, they just see it quicker than us junior teams and it can be a joy to watch.

It would be a sensational day for us even if we draw as it would mean another good crowd in the replay at Somerset and more cash into the Beechwood coffers.

Fact is though, we're on the box, we're getting all the publicity so we'll milk it for all it's worth.

Ticket allocation 1,700 Talbot 1,400 Ayr. Capacity reduced due to cameras needing various staging get ups around the ground.

EPPP.

According to the Ayrshire Post,the proposed ticket allocation is 1700 Talbot,1400 Ayr.Do Talbot fans think this to be a fair split,In my opinion i can see a scramble for home end tickets developing,why are we diluting home advantage by giving Ayr almost half the ground.This is almost like a cup final for Talbot,look how many travelled to Rugby Park and the 2K plus that made the journey  to Edinburgh.If Ayr only sold 800 briefs for their visit to Beith,then that should be fine for the game at Beechwood.My fear is Bot fans that go weekly might struggle to get tickets if they just go on general sale.Talbot need home advantage to have any hope of getting a result,we need to make Beechwood a bear pit for the visiting Ayr players,turning half of Beechwood black and white is not the way to achieve this.

According to the Ayrshire Post,the proposed ticket allocation is 1700 Talbot,1400 Ayr.Do Talbot fans think this to be a fair split,In my opinion i can see a scramble for home end tickets developing,why are we diluting home advantage by giving Ayr almost half the ground.This is almost like a cup final for Talbot,look how many travelled to Rugby Park and the 2K plus that made the journey  to Edinburgh.If Ayr only sold 800 briefs for their visit to Beith,then that should be fine for the game at Beechwood.My fear is Bot fans that go weekly might struggle to get tickets if they just go on general sale.Talbot need home advantage to have any hope of getting a result,we need to make Beechwood a bear pit for the visiting Ayr players,turning half of Beechwood black and white is not the way to achieve this.
I thought Auchinleck could sell more tickets too? I've never been to the stadium but the split must be down to police advice on segregation?

Archived