Auchinleck Talbot v Ayr United televised

Duraglit shareholder

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, passbackdave said:

For once talbot go into the game as underdogs something the players wont be used 2. How will they react 2 that? i think ayr will win by the odd goal in a 5 goal thriller.

Mon the papers

they were heavy underdogs against Cove and slight underdogs against Fraserburgh so it doesn't do them any harm. 

The chances are that most casual observers on TV will be tuning in hoping to see them cause an upset so hopefully they can give the people what they want. 

It’s not a small step up they are top of championship and just went to Dundee Utd and put 5 past them I see similar happening unfortunately

You might be right in the end, but Beith held them to 3-0 at home and it took the second half for them to score, so why should Talbot do any worse than that?

It would be a shock if Talbot won the game, but I expect a battling performance from them and they will cause Ayr some problems.

And fair play to the BBC for showing this game, much more interesting than the other stations predictable choice of games.

they were heavy underdogs against Cove and slight underdogs against Fraserburgh so it doesn't do them any harm. 
The chances are that most casual observers on TV will be tuning in hoping to see them cause an upset so hopefully they can give the people what they want. 
I watched cove a few weeks v banks of dee and wasnt impressed with them at all and said if talbot keep megginson quiet theyll win.i jumped on the 7/1 the bookies where offering. He scored in both games

Mon the papers

12 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

I watched cove a few weeks v banks of dee and wasnt impressed with them at all and said if talbot keep megginson quiet theyll win.i jumped on the 7/1 the bookies where offering. He scored in both games

Mon the papers

They were a decent side but the bookies really misjudged it. 

14 hours ago, geo 1909 said:

Naw you dont why lie

Actually, I do.     I used to go to a lot of the big Talbot games in the 80s and 90s along with my father dad and his uncle as they were Talbot fans, and I hated the arrogance of the Talbot fans.

I have stood at Dunterlie and listened to them slaughtering Kille and Ayr, yet over the years their teams were full of guys who weren't good enough for either team. 

For me, and I assume most fans of the Junior game, these kind of games gives not just Talbot but Junior football per se a great deal of positive publicity. It needs it as well, because there's the very real possibility that the game we love today will bear no relation to what's on offer in the coming years.

This game, like the Beith vs Ayr game, is all about the romance of the cup. Unfortunately, this concept now only seems to apply to when Juniors meet senior teams in the cup as it's still somewhat of a novelty. If you look at the attendances the senior clubs got in the last round they were truly woeful, so having the Juniors involved really does add something very special to this competition.

As a Talbot fan I am genuinely excited at the prospect, however small, of maybe winning this game. Am already so proud of what they've achieved already this season, negotiating five rounds already, plus the three Highland trips where we showed there is absolutely no gulf in class. If there is, it's biased towards ourselves and not the clubs we've beaten. Counting down the days to the 19th already.

2 hours ago, paul wright scores said:

Actually, I do.     I used to go to a lot of the big Talbot games in the 80s and 90s along with my father dad and his uncle as they were Talbot fans, and I hated the arrogance of the Talbot fans.

I have stood at Dunterlie and listened to them slaughtering Kille and Ayr, yet over the years their teams were full of guys who weren't good enough for either team. 

Interesting view, my experience is that many Talbot fans have a liking for Killie, many are Killie fans as well as Talbot. It always surprise me that cup final after cup final Talbot pack out the East Stand at Killie, which makes me think that there must be a big Talbot appreciation in the town and surrounding area. Anyway, your views are forged and you are entitled. Me, don’t support Killie but like them. Perhaps Talbot will get them in the 5th round. 

6 hours ago, superpollok said:

You might be right in the end, but Beith held them to 3-0 at home and it took the second half for them to score, so why should Talbot do any worse than that?

It would be a shock if Talbot won the game, but I expect a battling performance from them and they will cause Ayr some problems.

And fair play to the BBC for showing this game, much more interesting than the other stations predictable choice of games.

ALL the pressure is on Ayr.  I'm predicting a 1-1 draw.

Strange coming from a Killie fan. Probably has family ties with Cumnock

32 minutes ago, Talbot 1978 said:
3 hours ago, paul wright scores said:

Strange coming from a Killie fan. Probably has family ties with Cumnock

Wrong - Other direction.

Archived