Auchinleck Talbot v Ayr United televised

Duraglit shareholder

when do they usually announce the tv games? 

Talbot v Ayr should but won't be on imo,

If it was an FA Cup game it would be a stick on to at least be live streamed somewhere but Scotland is such a 2 horse set-up that the broadcasters are crapping it to deviate from the predictable.  If Celtic drew Rangers they'd probably find a way to show it twice. 

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Nothing to stop Talbot doing their own stream, just need access to wifi and they could generate some revenue from it.

Other than the ban on live football between 3pm and 5.15pm. That’s why games are geo-blocked in the UK &ROI  during those hours. It’s easy to set up a stream on YouTube, but  putting behind a pay wall is not so easy or cheap. I believe the rights on Scottish cup matches remain that of the SFA. Talbot v Ayr should be televised but it’ll be Cowdenbeath v Rangers, Raith Rovers v Dunfermline  and possibly Hearts v Livingston or Hibs v Elgin or Montrose v Dundee United.

i also believe the television payouts shrunk dramatically 2 years ago and was replaced by the current model with more prize money and lower tv money to chosen teams.

Nothing to stop Talbot doing their own stream, just need access to wifi and they could generate some revenue from it.
I'm sure the sfa don't allow this to happen. They film a 2 minute highlight of the game. Aaron our camera guy normally sits the big Scottish out for that reason

Now its all ticket,how will the allocations be divided,will Ayr request more than a thousand and could Talbot possibly sell 3K to make it to capacity.My worry is the amount of time it will take to get everyone inside the ground,due to the lack of turnstiles at either end,where will car parking be,as im sure tesco wont be happy with fans using their car park and segregation might be an issue with fans needing toilets and refreshments from the pie shop.Although it pains me to say this and i hate the thought of giving up home advantage,could this match be too big for Beechwood and all things considered might have been better to switch game to Somerset.The attendance at Ayr probably will be more than 4k expected at Beechwood,remember Talbot took a massive support to Hearts which would generate more cash for both teams,and more likely the tv cameras would appear at a league venue.

18 hours ago, Talbot 1978 said:
On 06/12/2018 at 08:29, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I'm sure the sfa don't allow this to happen. They film a 2 minute highlight of the game. Aaron our camera guy normally sits the big Scottish out for that reason

No one stops clubs doing their own highlights. You just have to wait til after the sfa put their highlights out. Some of the footage from the people paid by the sfa to film has been shocking to say the least. They would be better paying the clubs own video guys as the quality would be superior.

4 hours ago, Chis said:

S.F.A. state that no outside filming is allowed and this is included in general notice issued to Clubs.

Better tell that to every professional club in the competition then as all clubs film their matches for various reasons these days. I’d actually argue that clubs filming their own matches isn’t ‘outside filming’.

4 hours ago, andy25 said:
4 hours ago, Shanner said:
Is this definitely pay at the gate? 

No it's all ticket.

Been no official announcement from Talbot that its all ticket and I do the official website.......but then again!

I'm allowed to film for club purposes,  i just refuse to incur costs for myself or the club when someone else is handed a few hundred quid and anything i do won't get the same level of exposure for the club. Kinda like playing a gig outside a venue while a shows on inside lol 

Personally hope its covered by the BBC, great day for the club and the juniors. I will be doing a short film of the day, similar to the junior cup final. 

5 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

Been no official announcement from Talbot that its all ticket and I do the official website.......but then again!

The club were meeting with the sfa, police and ayr united during the week i think and that i would guess will go to the committee this weekend.  Not sure when Ayr do their board meetings? Once everything is agreed i imagine both clubs will announce full details. 

Archived