Auchinleck Talbot v Ayr United televised

Duraglit shareholder

Would it be a good idea for either Sky or BBC Scotland to take the cameras to Beechwood for the Scottish cup 4th round tie.Looking at the full draw,Talbot v Ayr looks the stand out tie,with lots of interest coming from the likes of social media etc.The Beeb in England show plenty of non league teams involved in the FA cup,with Solihull shown live,last Friday night.Do pie and bovril patrons think their would be enough interest for this to be a success in Scotland,we know a cracking atmosphere at a capacity Beechwood is assured and could be a good advert for promoting the Juniors joining the pyramid.How much money would be on offer if the game did go ahead on tv?,do Talbot have any chance of claiming a result,and should the match be all ticket and how many tickets should Ayr recieve on a capacity of 4 thousand?Your thoughts please.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, 21stcenturyboy said:

It would be great to have the tie even shown on the highlights package 

There is a highlights show of the 4th round so there will be some TV coverage.

I can't see it being live though as Premier sports get the first two picks and they will go for Rangers and Celtic games for the most subscribers, BBC can have two picks but I think they will only show one game as their new TV channel won't  be up and running at this time

Should keep live telly games to those involving teams that want to be part of the pyramid methinks 
Should keep live telly games to those who have their own ground and don't keep moving from ground to ground methinks.

2 hours ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Should keep live telly games to those involving teams that want to be part of the pyramid methinks 

A bit harsh as we would love to be on the telly. Its all right for your lot because your never off it as Clydebank is actually a holding tank for Jeremy Kyle.

8 hours ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Lol ... I apologise to my Talbot pals ... was a wee joke. I agree that it would be an attractive game for the telly

Attractive game for the telly haha.....will be the 2 old firm teams per usual as they draw in the most viewers

14 hours ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

Would it be a good idea for either Sky or BBC Scotland to take the cameras to Beechwood for the Scottish cup 4th round tie.Looking at the full draw,Talbot v Ayr looks the stand out tie,with lots of interest coming from the likes of social media etc.The Beeb in England show plenty of non league teams involved in the FA cup,with Solihull shown live,last Friday night.Do pie and bovril patrons think their would be enough interest for this to be a success in Scotland,we know a cracking atmosphere at a capacity Beechwood is assured and could be a good advert for promoting the Juniors joining the pyramid.How much money would be on offer if the game did go ahead on tv?,do Talbot have any chance of claiming a result,and should the match be all ticket and how many tickets should Ayr recieve on a capacity of 4 thousand?Your thoughts please.

I reckon we (Ayr) could sell around 1,500 for this match, but I'd say, similar to Beith, that there could be quite a few local junior fans and neutrals interested over and above the usual hardcore Talbot support. Irrespective, it could be a sell out or pretty damn close.

3 hours ago, kenny131 said:

Attractive game for the telly haha.....will be the 2 old firm teams per usual as they draw in the most viewers

There are supposed to be four games live: two on Premier Sports and two on the BBC.

Archived