• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Duraglit shareholder

Auchinleck Talbot v Ayr United televised

Would it be a good idea for either Sky or BBC Scotland to take the cameras to Beechwood for the Scottish cup 4th round tie.Looking at the full draw,Talbot v Ayr looks the stand out tie,with lots of interest coming from the likes of social media etc.The Beeb in England show plenty of non league teams involved in the FA cup,with Solihull shown live,last Friday night.Do pie and bovril patrons think their would be enough interest for this to be a success in Scotland,we know a cracking atmosphere at a capacity Beechwood is assured and could be a good advert for promoting the Juniors joining the pyramid.How much money would be on offer if the game did go ahead on tv?,do Talbot have any chance of claiming a result,and should the match be all ticket and how many tickets should Ayr recieve on a capacity of 4 thousand?Your thoughts please.

If Lok had beaten Montrose in the Cup replay in 2007 we were told that the next round which was against Clyde was going to be televised by Sky and the payment was in the region of 90k!

2 hours ago, 21stcenturyboy said:

It would be great to have the tie even shown on the highlights package 

There is a highlights show of the 4th round so there will be some TV coverage.

I can't see it being live though as Premier sports get the first two picks and they will go for Rangers and Celtic games for the most subscribers, BBC can have two picks but I think they will only show one game as their new TV channel won't  be up and running at this time

Edited by Wile E Coyote

Should keep live telly games to those involving teams that want to be part of the pyramid methinks 
Should keep live telly games to those who have their own ground and don't keep moving from ground to ground methinks.

Should keep live telly games to those involving teams that want to be part of the pyramid methinks 
Methinks the pyramid has nothing to do with this game. Tell me again when are yous moving

9 minutes ago, lokforever said:

BBC alba could film it

Alba doesn't come on air until 4pm. Talbot have no floodlights so delayed transmission at best. Won't happen

Edited by Wile E Coyote

2 hours ago, BANKIEBILL said:

A bit harsh as we would love to be on the telly. Its all right for your lot because your never off it as Clydebank is actually a holding tank for Jeremy Kyle.

Cowdenbeath v rangers and Auchenleck Talbot v Ayr Utd have got to be the live matches as they are the ties which bring the Romance of the cup .
Hopefully Auchenleck game sells out and we have a cracking atmosphere for to showcase the best side in junior football

Lol ... I apologise to my Talbot pals ... was a wee joke. I agree that it would be an attractive game for the telly

8 hours ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Lol ... I apologise to my Talbot pals ... was a wee joke. I agree that it would be an attractive game for the telly

Attractive game for the telly haha.....will be the 2 old firm teams per usual as they draw in the most viewers

14 hours ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

Would it be a good idea for either Sky or BBC Scotland to take the cameras to Beechwood for the Scottish cup 4th round tie.Looking at the full draw,Talbot v Ayr looks the stand out tie,with lots of interest coming from the likes of social media etc.The Beeb in England show plenty of non league teams involved in the FA cup,with Solihull shown live,last Friday night.Do pie and bovril patrons think their would be enough interest for this to be a success in Scotland,we know a cracking atmosphere at a capacity Beechwood is assured and could be a good advert for promoting the Juniors joining the pyramid.How much money would be on offer if the game did go ahead on tv?,do Talbot have any chance of claiming a result,and should the match be all ticket and how many tickets should Ayr recieve on a capacity of 4 thousand?Your thoughts please.

I reckon we (Ayr) could sell around 1,500 for this match, but I'd say, similar to Beith, that there could be quite a few local junior fans and neutrals interested over and above the usual hardcore Talbot support. Irrespective, it could be a sell out or pretty damn close.

3 hours ago, kenny131 said:

Attractive game for the telly haha.....will be the 2 old firm teams per usual as they draw in the most viewers

There are supposed to be four games live: two on Premier Sports and two on the BBC.