Guardian Top 100 Footballers (Women)

Guardian's been doing their own top 100 players the last few years, asking journalists, coaches and ex players to come up with the list. They've just done their first women's 100 and the first lot (100-71) have been released today...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2018/dec/04/the-100-best-female-footballers-in-the-world-2018

Top 100, you say?

Wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid. 

7 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Top 100, you say?

Wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid wid. 

I'd suggest that you take a look at the photos

3 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Must be pretty shit knowing that the number 1 female footballer in the world probably couldn’t cut it in Scottish League 2.

Is it possible to have a discussion about women's football without someone being a twat? Please? Just once?

2 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Top 100, you say?

Is it possible to have a discussion about women's football without someone being a twat? Please? Just once?

4 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Guardian's been doing their own top 100 players the last few years, asking journalists, coaches and ex players to come up with the list. They've just done their first women's 100 and the first lot (100-71) have been released today...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2018/dec/04/the-100-best-female-footballers-in-the-world-2018

No Scots yet. Dickenmann in there, she was good for Switzerland against Scotland but far from dominant.

4 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Go on, then. I confess I don't know many of the players mentioned. Do you agree with the list? 

Tbh I don't see enough of almost all of those players to know, there's not a lot of women's football on TV and very little written about the European and US game, and it's hard to judge until we see who's ranked higher. The only name that stood out was Dickenmann, who played against Scotland for Switzerland. Obviously a quality player but she was overrun at times by our scurrying wee midfielders. She also lacked a bit of intensity in their draw with Poland, which put us in the finals. But her technique was a class above. 

I've seen Millie Bright play for Chelsea, can't recall her standing out, and I vaguely remember Spitse scoring in the Euro 2017 final. 

On 06/12/2018 at 20:14, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Got our first Scotland player on the list. Will hide it so as to not spoil the surprise for those following the list as it drips out (top ten tomorrow)...

Reveal hidden contents

Capture.PNG.6ad6639ac931bc24256cf167dd29e0df.PNG

The only Scot, I suppose not unexpected. I could make a case for a couple of others but when you look at the achievements of those on the list it's hard to argue.

On ‎07‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 21:14, GordonS said:

The only Scot, I suppose not unexpected. I could make a case for a couple of others but when you look at the achievements of those on the list it's hard to argue.

Shes not even been close to our best player this year (for the National Team at least) but she has the biggest profile. 

A top 100 for women's football's gonna be a lot harder than the men's. For a start there's more a bit more egalitarianism in the women's game with leagues in four continents of fairly equal standard and the spread of quality in the national teams is also less "Euro centric". If ye wanna know who the best players in the world are for the men's game just focus on the Champions League and a handful of domestic leagues. Also there's a lot less coverage in the media which wont help matters.

2 hours ago, RWcoach said:

Shes not even been close to our best player this year (for the National Team at least) but she has the biggest profile. 

True, she's has the most ability and the best track record, but not the best form. 

• 5 weeks later...
On Wednesday, December 05, 2018 at 10:31, The Mantis said:

Wee Erin will walk this.

Going by her performance against Arsenal there alone she should be comfortably in the top 100. The best Scottish player by a distance IMO.

Archived