The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

1 minute ago, IainMorton said:

Halo saved his life. He would have been knocked out (or worse) and would have had no chance to get out so quickly with no head protection.

Aye, that's him and Charles Leclerc who have both had their lives saved by the halo now.

These idiots on the BBC keep going on about it being a glancing blow, it wasn't a fucking glancing blow.
How could they say that??? The nose clearly goes through the barrier then the torsional force rips the car in half.

It's a hard watch, if he'd had a worse injury or been trapped I don't think they could have pulled him out in time.

Just now, GordonS said:

How could they say that??? The nose clearly goes through the barrier then the torsional force rips the car in half.

It's a hard watch, if he'd had a worse injury or been trapped I don't think they could have pulled him out in time.

If Grosjean had been knocked unconscious, there is no way they could have got him out of the car in time. Thank God he wasn't.

Exactly. He goes in nose first pretty much straight on, they're talking some amount of shite.

How the hell did he get out of that. The wherewithal to extract yourself from that is top notch.

We slag guys like Grosjean, but the reality is we can barely conceive of his level of fitness, composure, concentration and training.

I imagine running for your life from a fire is also a bit of a motivator.

And that technology... just wow.

If Grosjean had been knocked unconscious, there is no way they could have got him out of the car in time. Thank God he wasn't.
I'm still a wee bit shaken just sitting here watching it. Big woose, I know. But I thought I was watching someone die. It reminded me of when Muamba went down.

1 minute ago, GordonS said:

We slag guys like Grosjean, but the reality is we can barely conceive of his level of fitness, composure, concentration and training.

I imagine running for your life from a fire is also a bit of a motivator.

And that technology... just wow.

Exactly. Even the worst driver to ever drive an F1 car is a superhuman athlete, and it so easy to forget they are risking their lives. Plus there are a lot of supremely talented people who have all contributed to saving Grosjean's life today. Heroes all.