The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

Commentators curse on that race after telling us all weekend how great lat years race was and this year should be the same it turned into a procession apart from the midfield,honourable mention to Albon and Kimi

Commentators curse on that race after telling us all weekend how great lat years race was and this year should be the same it turned into a procession apart from the midfield,honourable mention to Albon and Kimi
Yep, for all the talk of Ferrari and Red Bull being much improved there was little evidence of that this morning. No point having better straight line speed if you lose all the momentum in the corners.

• 2 weeks later...

Qualifying going well, Kubica clipped the wall at the ultra tight chicane and disrupted Q1, Leclerc came flying into the same corner in Q2 and went straight into the wall. " I am stupid. I am stupid." he said on the radio after it. There was around a half hour delay after the first indlcident, if it takes as long again it will be very gloomy for Q3 as sunset is fast approaching.

25 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Qualifying going well, Kubica clipped the wall at the ultra tight chicane and disrupted Q1, Leclerc came flying into the same corner in Q2 and went straight into the wall. " I am stupid. I am stupid." he said on the radio after it. There was around a half hour delay after the first indlcident, if it takes as long again it will be very gloomy for Q3 as sunset is fast approaching.

After the shite with the Williams and the manhole yesterday, it's been a  fairly shambolic weekend, which means the race will probably be dull as f**k.

Says it all that nobody has even bothered posting on race day, Bottas 1st, Hamilton 2nd, Vettel 3rd, Verstappen 4th and Leclerc 5th.

Mercedes set a new record of 4 straight 1-2 finishes to start a season.
Watched it through habit but boring as f**k. Enjoyed Talladega Nascar though.

6 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

I'm guessing the number of posts in here says it all about the state of F1 at the moment. 4 consecutive 1-2s is impressive but god it's dull!

Probably also because the races are no longer live on Channel 4, the highlights are on later than before and the actual race action is less than before.

I couldn't be bothered avoiding spoilers for this one and if it turns out to be a boring race then you can just watch the youtube highlights instead of waiting until 7pm.

On 29/04/2019 at 00:02, David W said:

This is going to be down to the two Mercedes cars very soon if Ferrari don't buck their ideas up. I'm not even convinced Bottas will keep up with Hamilton. Which would be boring.

Would be interesting to see the two Mercedes drivers going for the title, and if Bottas has the bottle* to stand up to Hamilton in a straight fight.

*insert Kevin Keegan gif here.

On 29/04/2019 at 15:19, Ginaro said:

Probably also because the races are no longer live on Channel 4, the highlights are on later than before and the actual race action is less than before.

I couldn't be bothered avoiding spoilers for this one and if it turns out to be a boring race then you can just watch the youtube highlights instead of waiting until 7pm.

The C4 highlights seem to have got worse even with less race action. They seem to keep putting people on the pre-race stuff who aren't cut out for TV. Plus they don't have the Chain as the theme!

1 hour ago, David W said:

The C4 highlights seem to have got worse even with less race action. They seem to keep putting people on the pre-race stuff who aren't cut out for TV. Plus they don't have the Chain as the theme!

C4 are allowed less time for race action now, and there are more restrictions on what C4 can broadcast in terms of interviews, etc. https://motorsportbroadcasting.com/2019/03/13/stefano-domenicalli-joins-channel-4s-f1-team/

To top it all off, I caught the end of the qualifying broadcast and they said "you can watch the race live on Sky Sports" :(