The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

56 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I can see my interest in Formula 1 drifting this season with this new format and the fact I don't have Sky. Sprint race weekends were always a bit useless with two days worth of competition being condensed into one highlight package. A day of qualifying and racing then another day of qualifying and racing followed by a day of racing... what's the point? I just really don't want to put the time in to watch and follow all of it when it feels like the same thing over three days for no real reason.

This basically describes the fortunes of Lando Norris. 

NDV showing all season why sticking someone in the car because they had one good race as a substitute isn't a good idea - he must already be under pressure to keep that seat for next year.

8 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

The sooner they get rid of drs the better . 

f**k you!

4 minutes ago, drs said:

NDV showing all season why sticking someone in the car because they had one good race as a substitute isn't a good idea - he must already be under pressure to keep that seat for next year.

Having some diddy binning it into a wall is - as just demonstrated - tremendous value for the race though. There should be a Maldonado-style sponsorship fund to keep at least two clownshoe drivers on the grid every season.

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

Having some diddy binning it into a wall is - as just demonstrated - tremendous value for the race though. There should be a Maldonado-style sponsorship fund to keep at least two clownshoe drivers on the grid every season.

True - this is crying out for Latifi to stick it in the wall on lap 43 to tighten things up at the end.

Well done Sir Lancelot for walking past Russell.

Bottas is having a "retire at the end of the season" drive here.