The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

Just caught up with this.

Never change formula 1.

For a sport that is almost defined by rules lawyering it is amazing that no one read the actual rules correctly. Especially when there have been recent rain delayed races.

Bet the guy who does on the on screen graphics enjoyed the rest of his evening.

5 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

The FIA annoy me tbh. Just last week they delay everything so that the 3 hour event timer is preserved. This week, in pretty similar conditions / forecast, they start as planned then shit their pants on lap 1 because the cars started on tyres that were not appropriate for the conditions. There's no consistency.

For next year something needs to be done about the raceability of the full wet tyre - this year's championship has been a bit boring tbh and  any time something that could have sprung a shock result and/or and brought a bit of excitement (Monaco / Singapore / Today), there was a complete aversion to racing.

They could delay the start time of the Singapore Grand Prix because of floodlights. In Japan Perez was already saying it was getting too dark to race on the final. So there was no point in delaying all the procedures for an hour because there was never going to be enough daylight to take advantage.

19 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Just caught up with this.

Never change formula 1.

For a sport that is almost defined by rules lawyering it is amazing that no one read the actual rules correctly. Especially when there have been recent rain delayed races.

Bet the guy who does on the on screen graphics enjoyed the rest of his evening.

They could delay the start time of the Singapore Grand Prix because of floodlights. In Japan Perez was already saying it was getting too dark to race on the final. So there was no point in delaying all the procedures for an hour because there was never going to be enough daylight to take advantage.

I hadn't even considered that tbh. Had no idea what time it was in Japan 🙈

3 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Yep, that all proves my point nicely.  I thought I'd find some Verstappen or even some Checo fans on here, but nope.  Just haters.  

A post claiming all anyone does on this thread is take the piss out of Hamilton which goes on to show 2 posts out of about 20 proves a point alright.

Maybe not the one you were thinking though 😂

48 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I hadn't even considered that tbh. Had no idea what time it was in Japan 🙈

I was going to say it makes no difference.

But i guess if they did delay the start like Singapore and then had to red flag the race for poor light, it would have went to the points table and Max's championship wouldn't be confirmed.

34 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

A post claiming all anyone does on this thread is take the piss out of Hamilton which goes on to show 2 posts out of about 20 proves a point alright.

Maybe not the one you were thinking though 😂

Go look at the original quote where I say "Hamilton and Mercedes". Even others have admitted I was right, but defended it.  Mercedes weren't a factor in the race or championship at all, so I was stunned to open the thread for the first time and see post after post about Mercedes.  

But I think, as a Perez and F1 fan, I'll leave this thread be.  Something very disquieting about the sheer level of anger and negativity, even on a day when someone becomes a world champion.  I'll stick to football threads.

47 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Go look at the original quote where I say "Hamilton and Mercedes". Even others have admitted I was right, but defended it.  Mercedes weren't a factor in the race or championship at all, so I was stunned to open the thread for the first time and see post after post about Mercedes.  

But I think, as a Perez and F1 fan, I'll leave this thread be.  Something very disquieting about the sheer level of anger and negativity, even on a day when someone becomes a world champion.  I'll stick to football threads.

A thread resignation, lmao.

Wait. Am I being whoooshed?

I don't see anything remotely strange about a UK forum with mainly UK posters discussing a UK broadcaster's coverage of a UK driver.

It's exactly the same on every other UK based forum that has an F1 section I've ever been on, only the difference on here is it's clear the majority of the users are not fans of Sky or Lewis, whereas everywhere else is overwhelmingly populated by fangirls, knobslobberers, and the types who never had any interest in F1 pre Hamilton's first title win and will disappear like sna aff a dyke as soon as he retires.

I honestly don't believe that Hamilton, Mercedes, or Sky get any more focus on here than they do on any other UK F1 forum, it's simply a difference of perspective. Taking the hump because nobody is falling over themselves to gush about Perez or RB is odd. On the other non-football parts of this forum people talk about and praise or criticise their personal preferences all the time, and anyone of a like mind joins in. Nobody on here is going to say 'stfu about Max and RB, this is for Hamilton/Merc hatred only', so it seems like a strange thing to perform a flounce over.

Plenty of Alonso fans on here, that's usually quite vocal, nobody shits the bed over that, similarly with the Ferrari piss-taking.

At this stage I think at times the FIA are just trolling Hamilton/Mercedes

What's also made me laugh numerous times this year are the LH44 fans saying it's been boring as 1 driver has been running away with it all, short memories & all that

Hamilton supposedly claiming 'Mercedes could have done a lot with £300,000 and changed the outcome of the Championship'

Well apart from the fact that would barely get you a tank of fuel and a round of bacon rolls for the mechanics, I'm not seeing how that would have unfucked your fucked tyres or ended the Abu Dhabi GP a couple of laps earlier.

Still think the FIA should just go back and retroactively annul that race result and remove all the points earned just for the lulz.