The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

1 minute ago, Buzz Killington said:

Big fan of Sky telling us all the various point combinations depending on the percentage of the race complete only for it to turn out those rules only apply if the race doesn’t restart. 

Every journo type I follow had it wrong including brundle who put a tweet(now deleted) out slagging the graphics feed when they put out the points with about 2 mins to go showing full points being awarded 

Well we might vent our spleens at each other in match and team threads, but all that shows really is that the denizens of P&B are by and large sound c***s who can almost universally recognise a complete and utter fucking bellend when they see one, and call out the ridiculous sycophancy and blinkered fanboyism that follows him everywhere.

Edited by Boo Khaki

20 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Wow.  My first time reading this thread, but you guys really hate Hamilton!  Verstappen was absolutely untouchable, drove a magnificent season, Checo has been an excellent team mate....but all this thread is talking about is Hamilton and Mercedes.

There are two mentions of Hamilton in the previous 20-odd posts - one of which is from you 😂

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

Hamilton has finally figured out he needs to feather and follow Ocon through 130R. Only took him about 5 laps longer than it should have.

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Crofty "doesn't want to say last lap controversy", but will anyway.

Cry more, you fucking wankstain

1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:

Verstappen winning the WDC as a result of a 5 sec penalty for Charles, after "getting away" with a reprimand in Q3 will have the Merc fanboys and LH44 losers in absolute pieces. 

GLORIOUS 

1 hour ago, doulikefish said:

It has already they are all ranting on twitter 

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Twitter is already full of "hOw WoZ tHaT gAiNiNg An AdVaNtAgE wHeN tHiS wAsNt?" type photos

52 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Because Toto is an utter shambles who still hasn't got over Abu Dhabi 

This was just the last page.   

Ok, in fairness to you, there's a lot of Mercedes hate in there as well, but I'd still argue that is well-founded and absolutely justified.

Toto Wolf is a complete toddler who clearly hasn't gotten over the perceived injustice of Abu Dhabi

Funniest thing about it, is all the crowing and preening about how they were going to turn that anger inward and go harder than ever to drub RB led them to totally outthinking themselves and designing a dog of a car. Hubris. There was no more fitting or enjoyable way to watch Mercedes finally being taken down a peg or two than falling over their own massively inflated sense of infallibility.

Neither of my posts that were quoted are about Lewis Hamilton.

One is about the ridiculous reaction of Sky's lead commentator to Verstappen winning the WDC, and the other is about the reaction of fans on twitter.

Hamilton himself showed class and respect, both in his interview, and in the shot where he is congratulating Verstappen.

The FIA annoy me tbh. Just last week they delay everything so that the 3 hour event timer is preserved. This week, in pretty similar conditions / forecast, they start as planned then shit their pants on lap 1 because the cars started on tyres that were not appropriate for the conditions. There's no consistency.

For next year something needs to be done about the raceability of the full wet tyre - this year's championship has been a bit boring tbh and  any time something that could have sprung a shock result and/or and brought a bit of excitement (Monaco / Singapore / Today), there was a complete aversion to racing.

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

The FIA annoy me tbh. Just last week they delay everything so that the 3 hour event timer is preserved. This week, in pretty similar conditions / forecast, they start as planned then shit their pants on lap 1 because the cars started on tyres that were not appropriate for the conditions. There's no consistency.

For next year something needs to be done about the raceability of the full wet tyre - this year's championship has been a bit boring tbh and  any time something that could have sprung a shock result and/or and brought a bit of excitement (Monaco / Singapore / Today), there was a complete aversion to racing.

I think this is one of the minor symptoms of the lack of a tyre war. If they had two or more suppliers going at it hammer and tongs, you can bet your bottom dollar all the teams would have a full Wet that they could race in monsoon conditions perfectly easily until it was down to the carcass.

Pirelli have absolutely no pressure on them to do anything with any of the tyres, so they produce shite after shite. Remember the first year of Pirelli when the directive was to 'make a tyre that degrades more quickly in order to spice up racing', so what they actually came up with was slicks that fell apart the moment you pushed them, so everyone was crawling around at 75% effort for the entirety of the race otherwise they'd end up on the rims. It's been a litany of shite ever since.

Quite enjoying the amount of tweets I'm seeing from the Twitter weirdos claiming Max was "handed the title" today. Which conveniently ignores the fact that he has been head and shoulders above everyone else all season.

Hope the Dutch guys I met in Monza who were a right laugh on the train back are completely smashed (again) and having a lovely morning. A great bunch of lads.

Edited by Jan Vojáček