The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

Lewis showing a complete lack of self awareness. Complaining about the crowd cheering his accident (very minor accident) but I don’t recall him ever condoning his fans cheering Schumacher, Vettel, Verstappen, Alonso, Bottas…………….and more…….when they crashed out.

9 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Both teams moaned at different times but the general take from the f1 community was that some decisions went for verstappen and some went for Hamilton. Verstappen pushed the rules to the very edge, and often at times overstepped the mark. That's not my opinion, but the general view of drivers and ex-drivers.

Literally every successful F1 driver ever has done this. It's the nature of the sport. Teams will do everything they can to get an advantage and that usually involves pushing the rules to the limit, sometimes overstepping and trying to minimise the impact of whatever penalty is given. 

Yes Hamilton is unpopular on here, which i think is partly down to Sky's absolute arselicking coverage, partly down to Mercedes behaving like absolute toddlers since Abu Dhabi and Hamilton himself being a bit of a pretentious arsehole. He's basically the Rangers of F1, so it's not that illogical that a lot of folk will quite enjoy him suddenly looking like a total diddy in an average car. 

Verstappen is a bit of personality vacuum, but he gets right up the Britmedia's noses in exactly the same way as Schumey did, so naturally I hope he wins many championships. 

So you'll be able to give loads of examples of how Verstappen has shown a "lack of class" (whatever the f**k that means) as champion then?
Loads of examples? You must love winning an in internet argument.

For me, it's the way he speaks to his team on the radio, and in interviews he gives. I must think he's pretty immature.

But as I've said loads of times, it's now at an irrational level of hatred.

21 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Loads of examples? You must love winning an in internet argument.

For me, it's the way he speaks to his team on the radio, and in interviews he gives. I must think he's pretty immature.

But as I've said loads of times, it's now at an irrational level of hatred.

Literally not even one example, so that's a no then. Thanks.

Austrian Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton says fans cheering after crash was 'mind-blowing' - BBC Sport

I've given up caring about his whining for some time but this can get so far to f**k. He puts Verstappen in the wall at Silverstone last year and what, all those dignified honest British fans were all frantically postponing their celebrations to see if he was alright? f**k off.

Verstappen is about as personality-free as it's possible for a racing driver to be and about the only thing you can criticise him for is his driving. Having Christian Horner for a boss and a brightly coloured travelling support isn't his fault.

Austrian Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton says fans cheering after crash was 'mind-blowing' - BBC Sport
I've given up caring about his whining for some time but this can get so far to f**k. He puts Verstappen in the wall at Silverstone last year and what, all those dignified honest British fans were all frantically postponing their celebrations to see if he was alright? f**k off.
F1 releasing a statement about fans being subjected to tracklist and homophobic abuse.

I suppose Hamilton brought this on as well?