The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

3 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Is there anyone else that hates verstappen?

I didn't mind him at first but they way he whines constantly really fucking bothers me. He also won his title in farcical circumstances.

I'm literally wanting anyone but him in every session/race (inc Perez, as it's not a red bull thing).

I remember a period when everyone hated Schumacher, hated Alonso, hated Hamilton, Seb and now Max.

People hate people who are successful generally speaking.

Edited by Sortmeout

1 hour ago, jimmy boo said:
5 hours ago, doulikefish said:
Crofty mentioned during the race last weekend it's good natured banter when max was being booed 

Croft really is a total bellend. Unfortunately all the foreign channels take the Sky feed as far as I'm aware but it would be good to have a neutral alternative.

He definitely voted for brexit. 

It was only a title contest owing to the farcical, Mercedes playing dodgems 'circumstances' that were overlooked earlier in the season, as well as complete nonsense stewarding interventions like in Saudi Arabia. He was the quickest driver/car combination in 2021 by a clear margin. 
He does love a moan but other than Alonso - who isn't fighting for a championship - I don't think Verstappen is worse for that than any credible front-runner. 
Russell is excluded from that comparison until he stops being a fawning supplicant of Team Lewis. 
They both got away with dodgy decisions throughout the season - but the ending was ridiculous.

36 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
5 hours ago, virginton said:

They both got away with dodgy decisions throughout the season

Where exactly did Verstappen benefit in terms of point differential as Team Lewis did by crashing Verstappen out of two races altogether? That's a potential 50 points that you need to find from Red Bull injustices, for that point to make sense.

but the ending was ridiculous.

1) No more 'ridiculous' than the ending to the Saudi Arabia round before it, which wrongly put Hamilton in the box seats. 

2) Ending the entire season under a safety car because Latifi binned it ten laps before the end and some dud lapped cars couldn't unlap themselves in time would also have been 'ridiculous'.

3) Your big mate Lewis profited from equally 'ridiculous' scenarios such as the last lap at Sao Paulo in a previous title win. 

50 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
5 hours ago, virginton said:

They both got away with dodgy decisions throughout the season

Where exactly did Verstappen benefit in terms of point differential as Team Lewis did by crashing Verstappen out of two races altogether? That's a potential 52 points that you need to find from Red Bull injustices, for that claim to stack up. I simply don't think the maths back your argument. 

but the ending was ridiculous.

1) No more 'ridiculous' than the ending to the Saudi Arabia round before it, which wrongly put Hamilton in the box seats. 

2) Ending the entire season under a safety car because Latifi binned it more than ten laps before the end and some dud lapped cars couldn't unlap themselves in time would also have been 'ridiculous'.

3) Your big mate Lewis profited from equally 'ridiculous' scenarios such as the last lap at Sao Paulo in 2008.  

4) Many tight championship battles in F1 seem 'ridiculous' in their ending. See 1989, 1990, 1994, 1997 and 2008 for starters. 

Edited by vikingTON

28 minutes ago, virginton said:

Where exactly did Verstappen benefit in terms of point differential as Team Lewis did by crashing Verstappen out of two races altogether? That's a potential 52 points that you need to find from Red Bull injustices, for that claim to stack up. I simply don't think the maths back your argument. 

2) Ending the entire season under a safety car because Latifi binned it more than ten laps before the end and some dud lapped cars couldn't unlap themselves in time would also have been 'ridiculous'.

3) Your big mate Lewis profited from equally 'ridiculous' scenarios such as the last lap at Sao Paulo in 2008.  

4) Many tight championship battles in F1 seem 'ridiculous' in their ending. See 1989, 1990, 1994, 1997 and 2008 for starters. 

All your examples of 'ridiculous' finales ( apart from 2008 , that wasn't ridiculous if memory serves me correct , just a literal last minute winner ) were down to cynical actions from an individual driver . Last season max won by driving to conditions set for him by the authorities yet bizarrely gets more flack than any of the other drivers that personally caused ' controversial ' championships.  

All your examples of 'ridiculous' finales ( apart from 2008 , that wasn't ridiculous if memory serves me correct , just a literal last minute winner ) were down to cynical actions from an individual driver . Last season max won by driving to conditions set for him by the authorities yet bizarrely gets more flack than any of the other drivers that personally caused ' controversial ' championships.  
Hamilton shat the bed in Abu Dhabi. He absolutely panicked when he realised Max was behind him on softs and too busy whining about "manipulation man" to defend properly. Can you imagine peak Schumey or Senna letting Max past so easily? No chance.

It was also very, VERY funny.

17 hours ago, jimmy boo said:
21 hours ago, doulikefish said:
Crofty mentioned during the race last weekend it's good natured banter when max was being booed 

Croft really is a total bellend. Unfortunately all the foreign channels take the Sky feed as far as I'm aware but it would be good to have a neutral alternative.

No such thing as the sky feed ....sky have pre /post race viewing but when it's 5 mins to go it's formula 1 broadcasting world feed that everybody gets 

No idea what this Sprint shite is supposed to add to F1. The only purpose it seems to serve is to provide fast cars that have had a shite Quali the chance to move up the grid, which from the perspective of providing an interesting main race is not a good thing.

50 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

Whoever decided to have a GP, Wimbledon final, All Ireland semi and Scottish open all on at the same time needs shot.

I'm sure most of the thoughts went into making sure the British GP and Wimbledon didn't clash...

2) Ending the entire season under a safety car because Latifi binned it ten laps before the end and some dud lapped cars couldn't unlap themselves in time would also have been 'ridiculous'.
3) Your big mate Lewis profited from equally 'ridiculous' scenarios such as the last lap at Sao Paulo in a previous title win. 
There's no comparison with the Saudi ending - that's just clutching at straws.

I'm no expert, but I listen to those who are, and throughout the season there were plenty of incidents that went for and against.

Both teams moaned at different times but the general take from the f1 community was that some decisions went for verstappen and some went for Hamilton. Verstappen pushed the rules to the very edge, and often at times overstepped the mark. That's not my opinion, but the general view of drivers and ex-drivers.

It's quite clear that the p&b massive have an unhealthy obsession with Hamilton - and taking great delight in him losing. I've got no issue with that, but don't pretend that's not what's going on.

I've openly admitted my hatred of verstappen. It's pretty irrational but I think he's shown a lack of class as champion.

I couldn't give a f**k about Hamilton. He's clearly done as he's not got that competitive edge this year, especially in a shit car. Russell is showing him up and that should be a sign for him to retire.

Verstappen will walk the title this year as he's head and shoulders above the competition. Hopefully Ferrari can continue their improvement next year and we can see as closer fight.