The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

Vettel stating he will not race at the Russian GP if it remains on the calendar. Interesting to see whether this will apply pressure on the other drivers.
Taking the seriousness of the situation out of the equation, losing a GP that is ordinarily amongst the dullest on the calendar is no bad thing.

You really cannot take anything from the testing times. 

That said, yesterday and today Ferrari and McLaren looking quick. Red Bull 2 second off the pace. 

Might all be changed come the Bahrain test, but I would love to see these two teams fighting at the front.

2 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Vettel stating he will not race at the Russian GP if it remains on the calendar. Interesting to see whether this will apply pressure on the other drivers.

Big fan of Vettel tbh.

Some will obviously disagree, but I think he’s one of the best at balancing on-track dickhead, off-track good guy.

11 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Big fan of Vettel tbh.

Some will obviously disagree, but I think he’s one of the best at balancing on-track dickhead, off-track good guy.

I used to think he was a bit of a dick in his red bull championship years but probably more to do with liking other drivers around him more than having actual reasons to dislike him.  Having listened to his beyond the grid interview amongst other things he comes across as being a very likeable down to earth guy who manages to champion a lot of really important issues without it ever being all about him. Almost the exact opposite of Hamilton's 'global brand ' persona away from the track.  Have got a lot of time for him.  

26 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

You really cannot take anything from the testing times. 

That said, yesterday and today Ferrari and McLaren looking quick. Red Bull 2 second off the pace. 

Might all be changed come the Bahrain test, but I would love to see these two teams fighting at the front.

Would be a nice change to have those 4 drivers battling it out at the front most races . Im loving the Ferrari this year , only saw a little bit of it in shakedown but reminded me a lot of the look of the early 90's Berger/Alesi cars , just hope it can perform a lot better than them ! 

2 hours ago, afc_36_0 said:

Cant wait to hear hamilton’s views on the russia-ukraine situation, every interview with him sounds like a miss world winner speech these days

100%

I genuinely loved him for the first few years but he went down in my estimations rapidly. 

He may be a multiple champion but he comes across like a compete dumbass most of the time. 

Too long spent on instagram and saying meaningless phrases like "positive energy" thinking he's so profound. 

I cannot wait for him to lose again this year. Will be absolutely glorious. 

George Russell saying the Ferrari and McLaren look fast. 

Red Bull were in the 1:22 range for the last 2 days, and pop in with a 1:19.8 today. Really cannot tell much from these shakedown tests. 

Interesting with Haas. They have taken off their (Russian) sponsor logos today and gone all white instead of the Russian flag colours. The questions are coming about Mazepin's dad (a pal of Putin). If he cannot pay any more, or walks away, then Mazepin could lose his seat. I would shed no tears - he's rank rotten.

25 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

Haas could keep the same livery if colgate sponsored them
In all seriousness they’ve had a bit of a nightmare with sponsors after rich energy and now this. If results don’t improve it could be their last year.

I get the feeling that Gene Haas thought it would take a lot less money to take over a team and make them champions.