The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

Interesting to see AMR going for a full reveal. The standard Aston livery with the dual tone green looks smashing,. Hopefully see a bit more to race spec when we get to Barca and Bahrain. 

McLaren next tomorrow at 1900. Rumours of a lighter shade of blue on the livery getting closer to the one-off Gulf livery but lets see.

I love F1 launch season.

17 hours ago, GiGi said:

Getting rid of BWT pink on the Aston Martin is the best thing to happen in F1 so far this year.

With BWT in at Alpine, what’s the odds on Otmar Szafnauer showing up there too?

Their livery designer has confirmed they’ll be incorporating BWT pink into their livery, which, along with Williams, I think was the best on the grid last season

New Williams seems polarising. On the reveal video I thought it was dull and not overly inspiring but in the renders with lots of light looks miles better. Some interesting innovation on the FW44 with very very tight side pods and a massive air box. 

Rumour has it that the Renault engine powering the Alpine is way down on power because of the change to E10 fuel and disagreements with the which lead to Marcin & Prost to depart the team. Not much being said with the other engine providers and their adaptations, yet. 

EDIT: If not following already, @ScarbsTech on Twitter is a great account for technicals on the new card. 

Edited by Dylan Easton Fanclub

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2022/feb/16/integrity-of-formula-1-hangs-in-the-balance-after-fia-fail-to-publish-abu-dhabi-report

The supreme irony of a why oh why the FIA must be transparent about its findings piece, based entirely on, err, unnamed paddock sources as evidence of disapproval.

Or as they're otherwise known, the voices inside Giles Richards' head since his hero Lewis failed to defend at a routine corner at Abu Dhabi.

58 minutes ago, virginton said:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2022/feb/16/integrity-of-formula-1-hangs-in-the-balance-after-fia-fail-to-publish-abu-dhabi-report

The supreme irony of a why oh why the FIA must be transparent about its findings piece, based entirely on, err, unnamed paddock sources as evidence of disapproval.

Or as they're otherwise known, the voices inside Giles Richards' head since his hero Lewis failed to defend at a routine corner at Abu Dhabi.

The article is shameful, essentially laying out as fact that Masi rigged the final race of the season and should be sacked. 

At the heart of this mess still resides Masi. He was present at Monday’s meeting – extraordinary enough given his actions were expected to be a major topic of discussion – and was described by multiple observers as appearing to be shattered, to have been through the wringer. A far cry from the engaging and personable man that was liked and respected.

Shows what months of having Mercedes and Hamilton energise their fan base against one man will do.

Masi changed the application of the ruling, I don't know how anyone can disagree with that fact and by doing so it affected the championship.  I highly doubt it was done on purpose to screw Lewis/Mercs however, it was done more in a misguided guise to fulfil a wish to complete a race under green rather than follow the rules as set out...that's the crux of the situation.  The problem is fans on both sides take such extreme takes which makes it impossible to move on from this issue and it will taint a deserved title.

Moving on however....while I dislike the Ferrari shirts, the car....dear god the car looks great.

FLzP6AfaAAUy_z6?format=jpg&name=large