The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

4 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Lewis Hamilton is the greatest driver of all time.

4 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Lewis HamilGOAT.

Unlucks

Benson raging on the BBC

I suspect this hasn't ended here. The second protest by Mercedes has been rejected, I don't think Mercedes are going to be happy about that.

Lots of people up and down the pitlane have got questions about how the FIA have handled this race.

I have spoken to people who think if it had not been a world championship decider it probably would have ended behind a safety car.

Where the rules followed correctly?

Was the way things were dealt with by FIA race director Michael Masi appropriate?

All these issues need to be discussed.

The creditability of the sport has been brought into question this weekend and I think a lot of people will have serious questions about what has happened.

Just now, doulikefish said:

Was just about to stick the full ruling up but the best bit is that "both teams had agreed that it should be decided on track" Mercs words come back to bite them is delicious 🤣

Yeah, it does kind of.....although I don't think it's automatically prevents Merc taking this any further. 

4 minutes ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

No proper explanation from that announcement as to why the decision not to enact pass around was reversed, nor as to why only some of lapped cars got pass around.  Not sure if Mercs will leave it at that tbh, 50/50 on whether we'll see a further appeal in Paris.

Red Bull say Any does not mean All.