The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

Clark, Hakkinen, Button. 3. I would've counted Damon Hill on account of him being beige before I heard him do commentary. I'm sure everyone else in other motorsports is a fud as well.

Ed - Richard Burns was alright as well

Edited by Miguel Sanchez

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/villeneuve-jeddah-f1-battle-was-rental-karting/6859830/

I don't remember holding much opinion about Villeneuve in his title win eras. McLaren and Ferrari improved so much and by the time he went to BAR things were going south so not sure how to judge him. 

I think his comments on Hamilton are an interesting viewpoint, however and I sort of agree with them

Bring back gravel traps and all this fuckery mid-corner, blocking, punting off, complaints, protests, bickering, whining, and pestering the stewards goes away, because the drivers will instantly stop taking liberties with lines, braking points, and track limits.

Edited by Boo Khaki

2 hours ago, flyingscot said:

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/villeneuve-jeddah-f1-battle-was-rental-karting/6859830/

I don't remember holding much opinion about Villeneuve in his title win eras. McLaren and Ferrari improved so much and by the time he went to BAR things were going south so not sure how to judge him. 

I think his comments on Hamilton are an interesting viewpoint, however and I sort of agree with them

Hard to disagree with anything he says there tbh

21 hours ago, flyingscot said:

I remember thinking of him as a genuine grade A bellend. Can't remember why but I just never took to him.

He is absolutely right here

2 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:
Mercedes have binned their deal with Kingspan.
Probably realised it's tricky to promote your team as the good guys of safety when your sponsor's product literally killed people.

I thought they binned them as the negative publicity might have cost them car sales.

That's definitely a factor

7 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I remember thinking of him as a genuine grade A bellend. Can't remember why but I just never took to him.

I think that's the general opinion of a lot of people in F1, definitely from his stints with Williams and BAR. Seemed a bit of an arse off the track and most of his comments on current events seem to be the sort of deliberately controversial pish you'd expect on TalkSport.

Having said that, he's the only F1 champion to ever have ha the honour of being interviewed by me so that wins him a few brownie points.

Channel 4 have reached a deal with sky which will let them show the race live on Sunday. I’m so happy I don’t have to listen to Crofty and a few other of the twats on sky f1.

From what I read they’ll be using the sky commentary but have their own pre and post.