The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

1 minute ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

I was too young to fully understand the impact of this moment at the time......wonder if I'll see one in a weeks time.

FF3nwv5WUAI5tXh.jpg

I can imagine if Max deliberately takes himself and Lewis out, then he will be disqualified from the standing like Schumacher in 97.

They're now trying to push it down the line of "Max is so aggressive and dangerous that Lewis was scared to overtake him". At least Di Resta is offering alternative viewpoints to "It's all Max's fault".

Masi looks like he has fucked this entire thing though with the timing of his radio messages, I'm not sure how they can give any penalties if that turns out to be the case

I had stuff to do so I stopped watching after they crossed the line. I assume post-race has been as much of a farce as the race itself?
Quite. It's consisted of the entire Sky Sports team inserting themselves so far up Wolff and Hamilton's arses they'll need surgical intervention to get out again. Di Resta being the only exception.

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

Masi looks like he has fucked this entire thing though with the timing of his radio messages, I'm not sure how they can give any penalties if that turns out to be the case

That’s how I see it. Race control absolutely fucked it. Surely the process should be to always tell the car behind first. 

Just now, Mark Connolly said:

I'm still not sure how the 5s penalty came about.

Did he get it for not giving the place back, which only happened because Hamilton drove into the back of his instead of up the gap?

The 5s was for the initial incident where he gained an advantage by going off the track. I don’t think he was actually told to let him by again after that (and the radio from his engineer seemed to confirm that). 

1 minute ago, die hard doonhamer said:

The 5s was for the initial incident where he gained an advantage by going off the track. I don’t think he was actually told to let him by again after that (and the radio from his engineer seemed to confirm that). 

That was the same incident, no? 

To be quite honest I don't think the stewards have a clue what was going on either.

Just now, die hard doonhamer said:

I thought that was the one he was giving the place back for at the collision though? He had already given the place back for the other one at the restart.

Were there actually 3 incidents and I've forgotten about one?

4 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I thought that was the one he was giving the place back for at the collision though? He had already given the place back for the other one at the restart.

I'm the same, there was the one at the restart which was sorted by the grid swap, the only other one I remember was when Hamilton got DRS and had a run on Verstappen into to turn 1, which then led to Hamilton running into Verstappen. 

Edited by Mr. Brightside

7 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

That was the same incident, no? 

To be quite honest I don't think the stewards have a clue what was going on either.

6 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Yeah, that was the incident he was to give the place back for. He didn’t, so got the standard 5 seconds instead. 

1 minute ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Yeah, that was the incident he was to give the place back for. He didn’t, so got the standard 5 seconds instead. 

He tried to give it back, Hamilton ran into the back of him, then he did give it back, and overtook again immediately.

He also gave it back again as the 5s penalty was being given.