The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

Looks like Mercedes have found pace they weren't meant to have.

btw not bad having 11 winning drivers out of the 21 competing this season.
Can't remember when half the grid were GP winners, must have been back in the 60's.

I count 12?
Hamilton, bottas, max, perez, riccardo, leclerc, vettel, alonso, ocon, gasly, kimi, kubica

10 hours ago, Snafu said:

I forgot Kubica. Both he and Kimi will bring it back down to ten next season. Back up if Russell starts winning in the Merc or even Lando or Sainz, both not far off.

Could’ve been 13 if Lando hadn’t ignored his team’s advice to pit for inters in Sochi.

91 and 92 were the seasons that I absolutely fell in love with F1 and it was almost entirely down to the yellow blue and white of Williams, to this day I still can't think of F1 without associating it with that Williams colour scheme.  An absolute icon and legend in the sport and a truly unique and inspirational man . RIP. 

All this cooling/warming up cars is going to fun for qualy....I'm guessing that there will be a few penalties dished out 

I could see Q1 being a bit farcical aye.

What’s your predictions for the final two races? I’ve got a feeling Hamilton will win both races which I think gives him the title? However, I’d rather Verstappen wins it. I don’t like it in any sport where one team/person wins multiple championships in a row.

8 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

I could see Q1 being a bit farcical aye.

What’s your predictions for the final two races? I’ve got a feeling Hamilton will win both races which I think gives him the title? However, I’d rather Verstappen wins it. I don’t like it in any sport where one team/person wins multiple championships in a row.

Merc this weekend but the Yas Marina ( it has had some changes down by the marina section)  to favour the bulls...Max for me 

48 minutes ago, Iminavest said:

Hamilton is making some effort of getting in everyone's way in FP3

4 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Mazepin produced a brilliant move to avoid smashing into Hamilton.

And yes, those names are the right way round

Other way around and the pitchforks would have been out

Hamilton is on his way to the stewards for ignoring double waved yellows