The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

Just now, Sarto Mutiny said:

I wouldn't be shocked if Verstappen got a penalty for that, but I am not sure if he actually deserves one. Hard to tell.

The stewards have looked at it and they have all the data/ cameras and decided no penalty 

2 minutes ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

Need to really see the onboard from Max, but I'm not 100% convinced he hasn't let the steering angle drift to run wide, from the outside it looked like he ran him wide.

Also he moved in the braking zone of T1 just before which he has a bad habit of doing.

He really shouldn't be doing that as it just serves to detract from his prodigious skills.

In fact it makes him look cheap.

He really shouldn't be doing that as it just serves to detract from his prodigious skills.
It's certainly distasteful, but both Senna and Michael Schumacher did plenty worse in their careers. He needs to stamp it out though, that's certainly true.

If you have been watching the coverage this weekend the best thing about Interlagos is the Orange tree club,they have done a lot of filming down there,it's a cheap option for the paddock club so instead of champagne and canapes it's beer and burgers but you still get the pit walks etc plus it has security so you won't get mugged as happens in the grandstand down by turn 4 🤣

I've always wondered why other tracks don't do something similar

Edited by doulikefish

2 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:
3 minutes ago, sophia said:

It's certainly distasteful, but both Senna and Michael Schumacher did plenty worse in their careers. He needs to stamp it out though, that's certainly true.

His "say hi" reply to his engineer also betrays him.

I say this in the certain knowledge that Hamilton isn't exactly likeable but just because that's the case, it doesn't necessarily follow that Verstappen is.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

You'd think Hamilton was driving around in a Haas the way they're banging on.

Regardless of the pace of his car, it was still a hugely impressive performance from Hamilton this weekend, the kind of race that shows how far ahead of most of the grid he is.

If you had put Bottas in 20th at the start of the Sprint he wouldn't have gotten close to 5th and he wouldn't have been anywhere near winning the race today. There's maybe 2 or 3 other drivers on the grid who could have done it, even in a Mercedes.

5 minutes ago, MrWorldwideJr said:

Regardless of the pace of his car, it was still a hugely impressive performance from Hamilton this weekend, the kind of race that shows how far ahead of most of the grid he is.

If you had put Bottas in 20th at the start of the Sprint he wouldn't have gotten close to 5th and he wouldn't have been anywhere near winning the race today. There's maybe 2 or 3 other drivers on the grid who could have done it, even in a Mercedes.

^^^ This is the truth of it.

Meanwhile Verstappen got a black and white for weaving.

He was in a fast car, but credit where it's deserved, Lewis was outstanding today and this weekend tbh. 

Re: the incident between Max & Lewis.  The most damning issue is the lack of consistency here.

What was the difference between this incident and the penalties given to Lando and Perez in Austria earlier this year.  If you have set the standard at the start of the season, then it has to be continued throughout the season.

Hamilton has had a brilliant weekend, he's had a bit of fortune that he had the sprint to make up for his DQ but he driven brilliantly throughout.

As for max,  his f**k you I'll defend how I want attitude is part of the reason he gets my backing, hope he gets the championship.

1 minute ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

It's good to still have a genuine title battle, 2012 was the last time there was a season long battle between two guys in different teams.

I am 99% sure this season ends in a collision though

Jeddah looks a bit tight in various places 😎

3 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

Red Bull: Michael (Masi), this is all about “let them race”.

Horner wasn’t saying that at Silverstone.

Any potential incident has both teams immediately arguing there point.  It will almost certainly have hypocrisy shown throughout a season.

3 minutes ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

What was the difference between this incident and the penalties given to Lando and Perez in Austria earlier this year.  If you have set the standard at the start of the season, then it has to be continued throughout the season.

Quite clearly it's the outcome. If both drivers live to fight another day without losing places or damaging their car, then I'd say you need some amount of bad driving to receive a penalty.

5 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

Red Bull: Michael (Masi), this is all about “let them race”.

Horner wasn’t saying that at Silverstone.

There's always a line even with "let them race", punting someone off into the barriers at Copse obviously goes beyond that line.