The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

The problem with this track and the inters on a drying track, is that treating a pit stop for fresh inters like a normal dry track doesn't work. You can't make up the ~20 seconds pit stop time back as easily as you can in a normal race with slicks. Surely they realised from last year that a worn inter is a decent enough tyre.

Edited by Ginaro

1 minute ago, Mr. Brightside said:

If Hamilton had stayed out there's a chance Gasly and Norris would have got him I reckon. Correct call from Merc.

If he had just followed their original strategy instead of staying out because he knew better, he would probably have made the podium. What a terrible, wee shame*.

Spoiler

Nah not really.

065fa35e-80b5-4de2-ad54-43675ea2ef1e.thumb.jpg.37cd75d9c48c0c58366458d9464aca23.jpg

On 18/10/2021 at 10:34, scottsdad said:

23 races - it's too many. For me the sweet spot is 17/18 races a season.

This.

But I think it's not for us, it's for the new fans, they want it to be like football where's one most weeks. For me it makes it more difficult to follow. I like watching a bit of practice, Quali and race, plus the support races. 23 times a year that's not really feasible, it's not really currently.

IMO