The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

On 03/09/2021 at 11:32, scottsdad said:

You can split his career into segments. Up until he won his title in 2007 he was fearless, awesome and very, very fast. As soon as he won it he lost a second a lap and never really recovered. I was surprised Ferrari took him back as a #2 driver, but they did. Finally at Alfa he provided a bit of experience for the team before bringing in the new guys.

Similar to Jacques Villeneuve and few fucks were given by either after winning the main prize. Rosberg might have been the same if he didn't have the sense to troll Hamilton by retiring as champion instead. 

Raikkonen did a solid job after returning the diddy team cars; running countless, epically conservative one stop race strategies can't have been fun, but he rarely made an error to take himself out of the running until that bizarre last lap incident with Vettel (?) earlier this season. 

As exciting as Mugello was, the first three place still went to those who had qualified 1, 2 and 4, with 3rd on the grid being shunted off on the first lap. You'd have to imagine whoever leads at the first corner tomorrow will very likely win. 

First time i've ever recorded and watched qualy highlights on Channel4 as I was out and not on usual IPTV and it was very impressive. I was always under the impression Ben Edwards did the commentary and at the end do they always plug the race being live on Sky Sports F1? Loving the wild camber at this track can see carnage at the first corner and multiple red flags.

10 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Looks like an absolutely class venue and the track in theory looks good but these cars just suck the life out it.

Agreed. Looks a brilliant track to drive but no long wide straights that we seem to need to allow overtaking to happen. 

Hamilton really gets laid into his team on the radio.

2 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

Verstappen and Hamilton are properly on it. Been a while since we've had such a good championship battle. 

Great to see Perez running a good race from the pit lane too. 

He flat spotted his tyres like a clown in the first few laps tbh. 

I'm not really sure where the overtaking was supposed to happen as the Ferraris, Alpines etc. are line astern already. The only car out of position was Perez and he found his way through the field. It's better to have this than three DRS zones in a glorified car park.