The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

1 minute ago, Ginaro said:

Feel sorry for the C4F1 crew who have to fill a 2:30 programme which begins in just 70 minutes time!

Related to that, I've had the sound on in the background while I did other things and I think David Croft and Martin Brundle have done a brilliant job filling time. That's really hard to do and they've made it look effortless.

9 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Easy to be a tough guy when you're not the one doing 200mph behind a car that you literally can't see.

ETA wasn't it at that race at Spa where Schumacher crashed into the back of Coulthard, then accused him of trying to kill him? 

Yeah okay Helen. Why not leave it up to the drivers? Say the race is under way and if they don't want to race they don't have to, no one forces them.

Just now, Mark Connolly said:

Long discussion here about how suitable the safety car is for these conditions, but no mention that maybe the cars should be better designed for the wet.

Or the fact that "I can't go full throttle" shouldn't be a factor, can drivers not drive to the conditions? They make it sound like they're being forced to drive flat out.

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

Long discussion here about how suitable the safety car is for these conditions, but no mention that maybe the cars should be better designed for the wet.

And go slower at 90-95% of races? Not sure that trade-off would be worth it. And what could they do to improve visibility anyway?

Is the 2022 car better for the wet? It's less reliant on aero but more reliant on ground effect.

3 minutes ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

FIA need to make a decision now as it's pointless running the clock down.

Yet that's what they're going to do.

I imagine Liberty aren't going to be too impressed with this, the PR of it has been pretty bad.

Right, dinnertime.