The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

9 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

I'm getting kinda annoyed by the whole "it's too dangerous" or "they need to change Eau Rouge" type stuff. As Di Resta just said at some point the drivers need to accept some blame. Norris was going too fast for sketchy conditions and the W Series crash yesterday they were all still on dry tyres. 

The problem with Eau Rouge-Radillon is that it leaves cars that have crashed in a dangerous position. Hubert was killed because he was hit from the side after a crash. The W Series crash was the same. There isn't enough run-off to get crashed cars into less dangerous positions - other cars get funnelled towards them.

Given the geography I don't think there's much that can be done about it, but as a rule of thumb "if you don't like it don't race" is an awful approach that killed a driver a year back in the old days. 

Hamilton will have to get past Russell as quickly as possible tomorrow - otherwise he could easily get held up while Verstappen builds an insurmountable lead. There's no chance Russell lets him by just to suck up to Mercedes, and I don't think Wolff would respect him if he did. He won't risk pushing Hamilton off to defend his position but he won't make it easy. He wasn't afraid to try a risky move on Bottas that put both of them out in a high speed crash at Imola.

This start will be unmissable.

You’re forgetting it’s Russell and a Williams. Something will happen on the way to the grid that forces a pit lane start.

Or kamikaze Bottas will come flying from behind at the hairpin and take him and the bulls out.

Just turned over to the F1, saw Perez crashing and assumed I must have mixed up the start time again and the race had started.

If they can't all stay on during the lap to the grid is it safe enough to start? Or was Perez doing something stupid?