The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

21 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:

If Norris got 2 points, how in god's name did Perez get away with none for doing the same thing twice to LeClerc and on the second one actually hitting him?

Because you've not read the stewards' decisions which show he got 2 penalty points for each and now has 8 in the last 12 months?

Because you've not read the stewards' decisions which show he got 2 penalty points for each and now has 8 in the last 12 months?
I was just reading the post, which made no mention of new points penalties for Perez, just listing his current points.

30 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

No Melbourne again this year :( 

No surprise....Abu Dhabi Saudi then back to Abu Dhabi or swap Saudi and Abu Dhabi around so a double header can be held maybe?Only other option is a Cota double or somewhere else in the states but I'm sure only Indy is classed as a class 1 track. The teams won't do a double header in Sao Paulo or Mexico City I would imagine 

1 hour ago, doulikefish said:

No surprise....Abu Dhabi Saudi then back to Abu Dhabi or swap Saudi and Abu Dhabi around so a double header can be held maybe?Only other option is a Cota double or somewhere else in the states but I'm sure only Indy is classed as a class 1 track. The teams won't do a double header in Sao Paulo or Mexico City I would imagine 

I’d imagine back to back weekends at COTA, or maybe even go to Bahrain again and use the outer loop.

9 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

I’d imagine back to back weekends at COTA, or maybe even go to Bahrain again and use the outer loop.

Yeah that was fun wee track... probably have to find a back up for Japan also 

COTA double header was mooted earlier in the year after one of the other cancellations. I'm sure Roger Penske said he'd like F1 back at Indy but not this year, guess it depends if a deal can be struck. Guessing a return to Mugello is a possibility but hard to see where it would be slotted in if they keep the summer break.

Wouldn't be overly surprised if Japan falls by the wayside. Brazil probably on rocky ground too.

2 hours ago, IainMorton said:

Anyone else looking forward to the new sprint format this weekend? It will be good to have some competitive action on a Friday with quali tomorrow afternoon.

I'm just looking forward to it all being on Channel 4 tbh.

5 hours ago, IainMorton said:

Anyone else looking forward to the new sprint format this weekend? It will be good to have some competitive action on a Friday with quali tomorrow afternoon.

Don't blame them at all for trying out something new, but it does just look like yet another gimmick to compensate for the fact the keep coming up with shitey regulations.