The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

42 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

This isn't a street circuit. It's not on streets. It's not a street circuit if it's not on streets. 

Have a greenie for an outstanding, and completely justified piece of pedantry.

I think this should be taken further, and Albert Park referred to as a 'Park Circuit', Barcelona as a 'Motorcycle Circuit', and Silverstone as '99% full of 'mon Lewis morons who will evaporate like snaw aff a dyke once he's gone'

12 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Have a greenie for an outstanding, and completely justified piece of pedantry.

I think this should be taken further, and Albert Park referred to as a 'Park Circuit', Barcelona as a 'Motorcycle Circuit', and Silverstone as '99% full of 'mon Lewis morons who will evaporate like snaw aff a dyke once he's gone'

I went to the British Grand Prix in 1993, and it was quite a pleasant experience as the Nigel Mansell fans had buggered off by then. There were people supporting the British drivers of course, but without the fanaticism that Mansell or Hamilton seemed to inspire.

Absolute clowns -

According to an FIA spokesperson, a safety car was deployed as the safest option, because it was unclear where Lance Stroll had stopped using the initial camera angles available

1 minute ago, doulikefish said:

Sky f1 Merc will be saying it's terrible for the sport shortly 😉

Crofty already wanting blood because they are going straight on at one of the mini chicanes, Brundle explaining that it's smart gaming of the system.

On another point, what's the reason you have to be in the top 10 to be eligible for fastest lap? Zhou got it last time, denying Alpine the point but not gaining one himself. I can't be the only one who wants to see the diddies all piling out on softs for the last few laps for some excitement

This season is in desperate need of a Schumacher Jr or a Latifi who drive into a wall for no reason to liven things up.