The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

7 hours ago, scottsdad said:

9 episodes of Drive to Survive season 5 completed. Basically the Christian Horner show.

I think the producers seem to think a former Spice Girl is far more interesting than she actually is. 

I always find it weird that they basically trot out the HR type stuff with driver contracts etc. There's no way that Netflix got to sit in on thr real Piastri/Riccairdo conversations. 

Generally quite entertaining though. 

The latest series of DTS was utterly tedious.

I really, really, really cannot stand Toto Wolff or Christian Horner. Both come across as total p***ks.

They barely made enough of the clown show that was Ferrari 2022. They never quite told the story of just how shambolic their strategies were last season.

Big David Brent vibes from Otmar Szafnauer every time he's on the screen.

I enjoyed the first couple of series, but the last few have been  pish.

Just end the series now and give Guenther Steiner his own spin-off.

On 24/02/2023 at 20:35, V.Aye.R said:

He's not knowledgeable imo. He's passionate about it for sure but he spends 90% of his time working on soundbites that will hopefully be used in Sky Sports TV adverts

Appreciate following F1 is a bit of an apprenticeship but he makes far too many errors considering his position. 

This seems to be a trend with a lot of commentators nowadays with their carefully scripted ad-libs (you can tell with Liam McLeod it's stuff he's been working on). They seem to want stuff to instantly become iconic and remembered and it comes out pish.

1 hour ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

The latest series of DTS was utterly tedious.

I really, really, really cannot stand Toto Wolff or Christian Horner. Both come across as total p***ks.

They barely made enough of the clown show that was Ferrari 2022. They never quite told the story of just how shambolic their strategies were last season.

Big David Brent vibes from Otmar Szafnauer every time he's on the screen.

I enjoyed the first couple of series, but the last few have been  pish.

Just end the series now and give Guenther Steiner his own spin-off.

Binotto telling some guy it was impossible to say whether Leclerc would have won Silverstone if they'd changed tyres was quite funny, given that's exactly what they did with Sainz and he passed him to win.

Guenther Steiner is frankly the best thing about DTS. I like that they caught on camera his "I would have hugged the whole paddock" for points quote. No matter how many times I hear it, it sounds like he said he would have fucked the whole paddock. 

Well that was an interesting FP2. Long run order maybe looking something like:

Red Bull, Aston Martin, Ferrari, Mercedes/Alpine, McLaren(Norris), Alfa Romeo, Haas, Alpha Tauri/Williams

After the Alpine everything looks pretty close though.

Other points of note. The rumours of Gasly performing better than Ocon appears to be true. Norris is far too good for that car.

How is it possible for Williams to be so consistently shite for so long? You'd think by now they accidentally design something that doesn't have the racing properties of a combine harvester. Time for relegation and a 'pyramid' system. I want to see Brechin City and Cowdenbeath on the grid.

On 25/02/2023 at 20:49, Stu said:

Rumours that Vettel might be in for Aston Martin if Stroll isn't fit to race (which is highly possible given there are stories he's broken both wrists).

Breaking both wrists sounds like an improvement over normal Stroll tbh.