The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

19 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:
On 20/11/2022 at 21:53, garybs said:
Peak Hamilton moaning BUT
Hopefully this season puts to bed the morons saying it was all Lewis & not the car as well in previous seasons, also GIRU the fanboys crying about it being boring when he's not winning

It's only the third time in his career a team mate has scored more points than him over a full season (Button in 2011 and Rosberg in 2016).

Remember also he tied with Alonso in 2007 on points, though Hamilton was classified ahead of him as he had more 2nd place finishes than Alonso.

But on Sunday, David Croft talking about Alonso only being beaten three times by a team-mate in his career, included Hamilton.

I'd genuinely felt over the last few years that RB's vision was to eventually do away with DRS . Hopefully this has just been him under obligation to spell out any ideas that have been floated in meetings rather than him hinting at things to come.  

13 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

I'd genuinely felt over the last few years that RB's vision was to eventually do away with DRS . Hopefully this has just been him under obligation to spell out any ideas that have been floated in meetings rather than him hinting at things to come.  

They explicitly said that the aim was for there to be no DRS in 2023, they’d just kept it in 2022 to ensure it overtaking was still possible if the new regs weren’t as effective as expected. 

14 hours ago, V.Aye.R said:

They'd be far better doing reverse grids or something. Crazy to try and penalise innovation and raw speed. Thats not what its about. 

Not a fan of these - again, punishing the successful to create a "show" just doesn't feel right for me.

Thinking back to some of Bernie Ecclestone's maddest ideas, like this one. Sprinklers on corners was my favourite.

I mean was DRS overly effective this year. Seemed to be fairly similar to previous years. 

9 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Bring back "fastest finger first" from Who Wants To Be A Millionaire

Every 5 laps, the team principals have to press a button, with the winner allowed to either advance both of his drivers 5 places, or demote another single driver 5 places

Random safety cars. Nobody knows what races and when until the software says so. Kinda replaces Latifi.

Cars being given more drag in contextual situations might be stupid and dangerous and complete at odds with the concept of engineering or competition, but it brings us one step closer to the Anti-Gravity Racing Leagues with weapons as seen in the WipEout video games, so who can say if it's bad or not?

Edited by Miguel Sanchez

47 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Cars being given more drag in contextual situations might be stupid and dangerous and complete at odds with the concept of engineering or competition, but it brings us one step closer to the Anti-Gravity Racing Leagues with weapons as seen in the WipEout video games, so can say if it's bad or not?

DRS is effectively a mushroom boost, so I'd be in favour of giving the drivers shells, bananas, and lightning.

Bring back Maldonado as well, he always drove like he had used an invincibility star

They could always try driving in the rain for a change instead of hiding behind shitebag red flags. 

And bring back refueling/100% effort races rather than tedious 'car management' pish. 

Edited by vikingTON