The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

1 minute ago, senorsoupe said:

Is it a shocker that a young superstar driver is an arsehole?  Alonso, Hamilton, Vettel, were all wanks when they were in their 20's and those guys are now (mostly) considered to be good guys

Well, indeed. Most, if not all, young F1 drivers are arseholes. 

2 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Well, indeed. Most, if not all, young F1 drivers are arseholes. 

Even the sainted Senna forced Elio De Angelis out of Lotus and then blocked the signing of Derek Warwick in favour of a teammate (Johnny Dumfries) that was less likely to upstage him

Edited by senorsoupe

1 minute ago, senorsoupe said:

Is it a shocker that a young superstar driver is an arsehole?  Alonso, Hamilton, Vettel, were all wanks when they were in their 20's and those guys are now (mostly) considered to be good guys

No it's not.

I've always held the view that most drivers, by their very nature, should be corralled and categorised appropriately.

An extension of many twenty something males.

Would it be too much to hope that this might be enough to rid this thread out of its black and white stasis?

Just now, doulikefish said:

So today there were no team orders at Red Bull they only asked as it had been discussed beforehand between the pair of them that  Max will only  help Checo in Abu Dhabi is what is being said now 

Aye Horner stated that in the pre-race stuff. 

All high end sport stars are arseholes to a certain extent, you have to be to reach the top. But to not help your teammate to get 2nd when u have already won the championship easily and had help from him in the past is really poor.
Horner will no doubt kiss his arse and make an excuse about him just being overly competitive.

47 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

All high end sport stars are arseholes to a certain extent, you have to be to reach the top. But to not help your teammate to get 2nd when u have already won the championship easily and had help from him in the past is really poor.
Horner will no doubt kiss his arse and make an excuse about him just being overly competitive.

Yeah I wonder why? He's only the current double world champion and best driver on the grid.

4 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I didn't catch this live but watched the sky highlights. 

Did I imagine this? Did David Croft suggest that Mercedes could make Russell move over for Hamilton to maintain his streak of winning at least one race every season? 

Probably not even the daftest thing he said in the race either. 

Still, if Hamilton manages to win with a fastest lap in AD and Russell DNFs, he'll still be able to call himself the best driver in the team according to the standings. If this looks on the cards, maybe George should just retire late on in the race. 

I didn't catch this live but watched the sky highlights. 
Did I imagine this? Did David Croft suggest that Mercedes could make Russell move over for Hamilton to maintain his streak of winning at least one race every season? 

Wow!
Yes if you’re george russell you’ve won the sprint, controlling the race and on the verge of your first ever win in f1 but na i’ll move over and let my teammate through who’s won over 100 races just so he can keep record going [emoji1787]

16 hours ago, afc_36_0 said:

I was actually thinking about this yesterday. How many drivers on the grid are A) Genuinely likable people and B) Actually good guys who you could trust as a pal.

Sebastian Vettel is a good egg obviously. And I reckon Alex Albon's probably a fairly nice, decent guy too. Carlos Sainz seems alright I think? Ricciardo might be a laugh (though he'd be a total pain in the arse I suspect) and Ocon, seen as he came from a pretty normal background. I get the feeling Bottas is a good guy too, just very, very Finnish and therefore totally anti-social. 

The rest? I'm not sure I'd want to spend any time with them at all. A lot of massive egos and/or spoilt rich kids. I love Alonso. But I wouldn't trust the man not to be saying nasty things behind my back :lol: 

I was actually thinking about this yesterday. How many drivers on the grid are A) Genuinely likable people and B) Actually good guys who you could trust as a pal.
Sebastian Vettel is a good egg obviously. And I reckon Alex Albon's probably a fairly nice, decent guy too. Carlos Sainz seems alright I think? Ricciardo might be a laugh (though he'd be a total pain in the arse I suspect) and Ocon, seen as he came from a pretty normal background. I get the feeling Bottas is a good guy too, just very, very Finnish and therefore totally anti-social. 
The rest? I'm not sure I'd want to spend any time with them at all. A lot of massive egos and/or spoilt rich kids. I love Alonso. But I wouldn't trust the man not to be saying nasty things behind my back :lol: 

Mick?

27 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Aye, let's be honest they're all wąnks. 

Seb and Lewis are all chill nowadays but they were wee dicks earlier in their careers.