The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

19 minutes ago, V.Aye.R said:

Crofty pishing his frillies about the prospect of Hamilton with 15 to go. 

Was so obvious it wasn't on. He really is an odious bawbåg. 

I don’t think it was obvious. There was the chance the mediums would go off by the end of the race and the hards hold out, particularly with Max having to fight with Leclerc.

Sky need to get Crofty so far to f**k though. He had me wound up before the race even started by stating that the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders had been performing, despite them clearly having Texans written on their tops. And then him creaming over Lewis’s ‘excellent avoiding skills’ when he wasn’t in the same postcode as the spinning Sainz. The man is a fucking cretin. 

10 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I don’t think it was obvious. There was the chance the mediums would go off by the end of the race and the hards hold out, particularly with Max having to fight with Leclerc.

Sky need to get Crofty so far to f**k though. He had me wound up before the race even started by stating that the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders had been performing, despite them clearly having Texans written on their tops. And then him creaming over Lewis’s ‘excellent avoiding skills’ when he wasn’t in the same postcode as the spinning Sainz. The man is a fucking cretin. 

At one point you heard Brundle nudge him in the background to pay attention to Verstappen taking Leclerc with DRS on the back straight. 

He was too busy talking shite as usual. 

Half the time it feels like he concentrates on delivering worthy sound bites for highlights/adverts etc. Ruins it for me a lot of the time talking over the excellent brundle co-comms. 

2 minutes ago, V.Aye.R said:

At one point you heard Brundle nudge him in the background to pay attention to Verstappen taking Leclerc with DRS on the back straight. 

He was too busy talking shite as usual. 

Half the time it feels like he concentrates on delivering worthy sound bites for highlights/adverts etc. Ruins it for me a lot of the time talking over the excellent brundle co-comms. 

Brundle is excellent on co-comms, and I think Di Resta and Button are decent as well. They should promote one of them to lead commentator and get Crofty binned. 

9 minutes ago, V.Aye.R said:

He had a Vettel leading 3500 laps stat in his pocket and he was bloody well going to use it.