The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

Be good to see how ferrari manage to mess up a victory for le clerc tomorrow with him on pole and no immediate pressure from the red bulls. They'll probably do something mental like start him on hards.

Verstappen will be directly behind Leclerc within a couple of laps max(assuming he's starting 4th) and ahead after the first pit stop at the latest as well.

Verstappen was as fast on the mediums in the free practice long runs as Leclerc was on the softs. If theres no safety cars/red flags, he'll disappear into the distance again.

There's nobody to compete with him just now, especially in that car.

Drugovich confirmed as F2 champion today after Pourchaire finished 17th of 17 runners. I can’t remember a more abject season of F2 and hopefully none of the contingent make it to the big leagues, although I see Will Buxton saying that Drugovich should be in the conversation for the Williams seat despite winning 8 of 72 races within the category.

No wonder Helmut Marko was on the blower to Colton Herta.

Imagine being Williams watching this. Got a driver in de Vries who jumped in the car half way through the weekend, who’s holding on to points on his debut, and you’ve got Latifi who’s stank the place out for best part of 3 years and continuously goes backwards.

This makes de Vries favourite for that seat next season imo. Won’t bring much money but maybe a reduction in Merc costs if a deal can be done, and compared to who else is available if I’m Jost, I’m signing the contract tomorrow.