The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

Hibs I mean Ferrari need to get rid of the only "Italian" policy that has quietly crept back in to the team make up. Ruth Buscombe needs to be recalled from Alfa asap 

Edited by doulikefish

11 minutes ago, lochgellyPAR said:

Aye that was a shite circuit. Be interesting to see how many overtakes there actually were

I went the first year back absolute shambles for the normal fan trying to get to/from the track tbf they have improved the situation but the racing there has been poor let's  go back to Magny Couer (problem was it was in the middle of nowhere) or the rumoured new build track close to paris

On 23/07/2022 at 08:33, Sarto Mutiny said:

As good as Hamilton is, I think Fernando Alonso is better. That 2012 season was probably the greatest single season from any driver in my time watching the sport. To nearly win the title in a car that was, at best, the 4th best on the grid was utterly miraculous

That season from Alonso was ridiculous, especially when you compare it to what Massa was doing in the other car. IIRC it was something like 14 podiums to 1? A guy that was one corner from WDC being destroyed like that was crazy. 

As for today, looked a fairly boring affair from the highlights until Checo fell asleep. Can't believe that 6 races ago their was genuine talk that he was WDC contender. Sainz looked good again, I think the first win (and lack of gravel at PR) has pushed him on. I think he'd have won comfortably without his penalties. 

That was a dull race. Once Leclerc binned it the winner wasn't in doubt. Verstappen stayed 10 seconds in front of Hamilton. I reckon he was pacing himself.

Biggest shocker for me was Haas. After a great result they messed up qualifying, messed up the race and were just back to being backmarkers. 

On 25/07/2022 at 14:08, JamesP_81 said:

He's certainly made the transition from plucky underdog to entitled c*nt pretty seamlessly. 

Yeah, I'm not sure when it happened but he seemed quite likeable last season. Had a wee bit of fire in his belly with Bottas at Imola too. 

He's definitely not the finished article though. Toto slapping him down when he was bumping his gums about the perez overtake was telling. 

Doesn't feel like champion material to me, not like a Norris is he ever gets a winning car. 

Edited by V.Aye.R

Wednesday - vettel creates an Instagram page.

Thursday - Vettel posts his retirement announcement.

Opens up an interesting free seat in the driver market for next year.

6 minutes ago, drs said:

Wednesday - vettel creates an Instagram page.

Thursday - Vettel posts his retirement announcement.

Opens up an interesting free seat in the driver market for next year.

Utter scenes if someone else set up that account.

Maybe he's been booted out after daring to try to overtake Baby Stroll last weekend.

Edited by Stu