The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

Just now, lochgellyPAR said:

Crofty and Ted are fuming that Max fans were cheering. Fuckin grow up min, dry yer eyes

Crofty mentioned during the race last weekend it's good natured banter when max was being booed 

38 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Commentators fucking raging about them cheering, before suddenly remembering all the Hamilton fans did it last week

British fans have done it for years. Cheered that Schumacher accident in 99 and Verstappen's last year. Now it is turned on a British driver, you get all the people saying it is 'shameful'.

1 hour ago, lochgellyPAR said:

Ricciardo looks done and those Aston Martins are garbage

Don't recall AM being this bad at the start of the season, so it looks like they've contrived to lose the development war to everyone else. Getting big Jaguar/Toyota vibes from their participation. 

Vettel getting that banger in and around the points every race is arguably his most consistently impressive campaign so far. 

Is there anyone else that hates verstappen?

I didn't mind him at first but they way he whines constantly really fucking bothers me. He also won his title in farcical circumstances.

I'm literally wanting anyone but him in every session/race (inc Perez, as it's not a red bull thing).

15 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Is there anyone else that hates verstappen?

I didn't mind him at first but they way he whines constantly really fucking bothers me. He also won his title in farcical circumstances.

It was only a title contest owing to the farcical, Mercedes playing dodgems 'circumstances' that were overlooked earlier in the season, as well as complete nonsense stewarding interventions like in Saudi Arabia. He was the quickest driver/car combination in 2021 by a clear margin. 

He does love a moan but other than Alonso - who isn't fighting for a championship - I don't think Verstappen is worse for that than any credible front-runner. 

Russell is excluded from that comparison until he stops being a fawning supplicant of Team Lewis. 

Crofty mentioned during the race last weekend it's good natured banter when max was being booed 
Croft really is a total bellend. Unfortunately all the foreign channels take the Sky feed as far as I'm aware but it would be good to have a neutral alternative.