The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

Tremendous finish to the race. Delighted to see Sainz get the win.

I know he only held it for a few seconds, but Hamilton getting second by passing Leclerc and Perez in one go and the cheer that accompanied it was a great moment.

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

If that is a healthy car there shouldn't be any excuse.

Oscar Piastri incoming?

Nope,most likely Colton Herta/Pato o Ward from Indy both in the arrows/Mac sp programme.

Zak brown and the arrows half already said this the way they want to go with having cars in Indy/f1/formula e.

They want to move drivers around the various different series

Danny Ric will be in Indy next season is the rumours after buying a house in La 

Edited by doulikefish

Those last few laps were non-stop #SCENES. Tremendous racing. Ferrari's strategy is so bad though. Too slow to react to the SC for LeClerc and turning Sainz into a temporarily seething mess as the SC was about to go in. Risible stuff.

Delighted for Sainz, good comeback from Perez, points for Schumey jnr and Zhou thankfully ok after an accident that would have obliterated him 20 years ago.

3 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I doubt they would interrupt their Indycar season just to drive in some F1 races distracting them away from their main job. Maybe next season but if Ricciardo is ousted this week then they will probably go for someone who's free or is out of contention in their series. Piastri or De Vries. But they could always go for a left field choice.

He isn't getting punted mid season...Austin for the announcement for next season  allegedly 

6 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Colton Herta being touted to join McLaren is fucking laughable.

McLaren have paid the young laid back Californian a small fortune to sign him up to there drivers program whilst still letting him race for Andretti is even more bizarre but it's for a reason 

Nope,most likely Colton Herta/Pato o Ward from Indy both in the arrows/Mac sp programme.
Zak brown and the arrows half already said this the way they want to go with having cars in Indy/f1/formula e.
They want to move drivers around the various different series
Danny Ric will be in Indy next season is the rumours after buying a house in La 
This I would like to see from both F1 and Indycar viewpoints. The Andretti debrief will be interesting today after Mid Ohio[emoji15][emoji1]

9 hours ago, Snafu said:

At Brabham did he not take a dump in his team mate's car?

Wasn't Patrese or either of the Fabi brothers I know that.

Not sure but I know that when he was with Benetton he would regularly pee in his car

Colton Herta is not ready for F1.  He's too inconsistent, some weekends he is unbeatable but as soon as anything goes slightly wrong for him he fades.  I think that he will eventually get a chance, but he needs to be more mature.

Alex Palou is the Indycar driver that is the most ready for F1, but I don't think he will go.  He is already taking over from Scott Dixon as Ganassi's team leader, and that could mean a stable ride with the best team in Indycar for a decade or more.  

If any Indycar driver is going to go to F1, my money is on Pato O'Ward

Edited by senorsoupe