The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

Just now, V.Aye.R said:

I think Russell has been really unlucky with that ruling. 

Mercedes were fuming at the rule bending in Abu Dhabi so they can't have it both ways! 

I don't think he's bothered by the ruling itself, more that he's asked the stewards to leave his car alone as he wanted to try restart it, and they've gone and recovered it anyway.

1 minute ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

The halo is intact. The paintwork has come off it a bit. Looks like it has worked perfectly if Zhou has walked away with no major injuries and no broken bones.

Only a few years ago it was introduced. Without that today we would be discussing a certain fatality.

I would imagine that he will have some stress/impact injuries. Hopefully he makes a full and speedy recovery.

Russell at fault for the crash there and couldn't get the car started, no idea what he's whining about.
Also it's not his job to try and help people who've crashed, all he'll have done is get in the way of the medics, FIA made the right call.

11 minutes ago, Snafu said:

If the race is a re start then he should be allowed to take the spare car.

The previous start was void, the argument over getting assistance should be neither here nor there.

Aye cos the spare car is definitely set up for him 😉