The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

Even allowing for cultural differences, there's enough red flags about this that the auld goat should never be asked for his opinions again.

If he can't refer to the biggest name in his sport and one of the most successful drivers of all time by his name, then that is pretty telling.

28 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Even allowing for cultural differences, there's enough red flags about this that the auld goat should never be asked for his opinions again.

If he can't refer to the biggest name in his sport and one of the most successful drivers of all time by his name, then that is pretty telling.

Piquet has a long history of arsehole behaviour, time to stop giving him a microphone

47 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

I've heard that the word Piquet used is akin to calling him "Boy" which for a person of African descent person has racist connotations as "boy" was a common word used to put people of African descent in their place

Sure. He used the diminutive of nego, neguinho, to add extra dismissiveness. 

44 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Piquet has a long history of arsehole behaviour, time to stop giving him a microphone

Aye - there's some people you could maybe give the benefit of the doubt to but given his previous, he isn't one of them.

Doesn't Ecclestone have previous for essentially praising Hitler for "getting things done", or words to that effect?

And I recall durting all the George Floyd protests and Hamilton's equality campaign he indicated the black folk were far more racist than white folk.

He's a c**t.

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

2 hours ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Doesn't Ecclestone have previous for essentially praising Hitler for "getting things done", or words to that effect?

And I recall durting all the George Floyd protests and Hamilton's equality campaign he indicated the black folk were far more racist than white folk.

He's a c**t.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2009/jul/04/bernie-ecclestone-interview-hitler-saddam

Some interesting quotes in there!

6 minutes ago, lochgellyPAR said:

What’s their problem with Verstappen? Is it just what happened in Abu Dhabi?

He beats boy wonder...much like schumi it's not allowed

I'm sure there will be a media storm about the booing.....no chance 🤣

1 hour ago, doulikefish said:

He beats boy wonder...much like schumi it's not allowed

I'm sure there will be a media storm about the booing.....no chance 🤣

It's almost an exact repeat of the Schumi situation. If you thought football fans were tribal, myopic simpletons, I'd have a look at any of the F1 Facebook pages. Holy shit they are something else. Recent gems include Verstappen still being on 0 world Championships and Hamilton being racist towards Piquet for complaining about his use of "normal Brazilian language" 😂