The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

14 hours ago, Snafu said:

Surprised with that, I would have thought a team higher up would have come in for him.]

I would expect Tsunoda to be signed up for another year within the next few weeks.

A team, most likely McLaren, will probably come in for him. I’d be very shocked if Gasly was still in the AlphaTauri next season.

20 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

As I said...

Fair play. I couldn’t see that happening in a million years.

You have to question whether Gasly will ever get a top seat again now. Seems to have missed the boat and his career has stagnated.

2 hours ago, Snafu said:

Bernie Ecclestone adding fuel to the fire over Lewis Hamilton's future at Mercedes saying Toto Wolff is getting fed up with Lewis.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/bernie-ecclestone-toto-wolff-fed-up-with-lewis-hamilton/

Of course the Sir Lewis loyal are not best pleased.

Bernie might have a point though when you see Lewis Hamilton seemingly paying more attention to clothes and jewelry than his performance with the team on and off the track.

Lewis Hamilton is signed up until the end of 2023 but there are rumours about replacing him before that.

Maybe it was because no one thought George Russell was this good especially those Lewis Hamilton fans.

I don’t read too much into that, to be fair. Bernie loves to cause a stir and that’s exactly what he’s doing there.

I think Toto and Lewis have a pretty good relationship. Mercedes are clearly 3rd best so you’d be expecting anywhere from 4th to 6th for Hamilton this season. I don’t think Russell has been miles better than him to be honest, just marginally better and has had a bit more luck along the way. Lewis was very unlucky on a couple of occasions this season. He’s shown he still has the pace in recent races so I think he will stick around for 2023 in the hope that Mercedes can produce something title worthy. 

I must admit it has been nice to see his braindead moron fans scramble for excuses this season, although the Lewis fans vs Max fans pantomime has all gone very ‘Messi vs Ronaldo’ in the last year.