The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

The absolute state of Russell going for the slicks there. Another fairly poor showing from Sainz when Ferrari needed him to step up most. I’m beginning to think this will be like 2014 where we only see 3 drivers win all season. A Sainz or Merc win hardly looks on the horizon.

39 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo said:

The absolute state of Russell going for the slicks there. Another fairly poor showing from Sainz when Ferrari needed him to step up most. I’m beginning to think this will be like 2014 where we only see 3 drivers win all season. A Sainz or Merc win hardly looks on the horizon.

Tremendous. Russell thinking he's Senna at Donington in 93 only to almost immediately go off was outstanding banter. Muppet.

RB are going to win the Drivers' and Constructors Championships by an absolute country mile which although pretty boring, is going to have Hamilton/Merc fans in absolute tears for the next few months, which is quite pleasing. Unless Mercedes develop a dominant car next season I reckon Hamilton will retire, leaving Russell as the No1 with another Bottas-style doormat brought in as No2.

Ferrari will be interesting if they can deal with their massive reliability issues (and occasional strategy f**k-ups). 

2 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

Tremendous. Russell thinking he's Senna at Donington in 93 only to almost immediately go off was outstanding banter. Muppet.

RB are going to win the Drivers' and Constructors Championships by an absolute country mile which although pretty boring, is going to have Hamilton/Merc fans in absolute tears for the next few months, which is quite pleasing. Unless Mercedes develop a dominant car next season I reckon Hamilton will retire, leaving Russell as the No1 with another Bottas-style doormat brought in as No2.

Ferrari will be interesting if they can deal with their massive reliability issues (and occasional strategy f**k-ups). 

As much as I’d love Ferrari to win it all, I have a feeling all they’ll be is a slightly better version of the Vettel-Kimi years during Mercs dominance. The car can’t compete with RB on the straights and on tracks they are supposed to dominate (Spain and Monaco) they’ve chucked it down the toilet with bad reliability or strategy calls.

Tonight should be a pretty easy Max win, barring anything crazy, which is always a possibility with Canada’s finest Lance Stroll and Nicholas Latifi on track. Let’s see if Sainz can pose any sort of threat (for once) and let’s also see if Mick can actually turn a P6 start into some points without splitting his car in half (for once).