The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

12 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

Looks like Hamilton's complaining has worked as the FIA has agreed to introduce measures over the amount of porpoising that is occurring

Kravitz reckons it could actually shaft Mercedes as they will have to raise the drive height, and, as a result, go slower.

LOL

8 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Kravitz reckons it could actually shaft Mercedes as they will have to raise the drive height, and, as a result, go slower.

LOL

That's how I've interpreted the release. Reads very much to me like the FIA are taking the view that there are options available to the constructors that would fix the issue, but they are refusing to go down the route of compromised setup so the FIA are going to force that upon them.

It might well screw Mercedes, but I think it will also harm Ferrari and render the WC a foregone conclusion.

Planet F1 are clear that Mercedes will be shafted by this. 

In short, they will find a way of measuring how bad the bouncing is. They will set a limit, and any team exceeding that limit will need to raise their ride height. Mercedes in particular will be shafted by this.

Another episode in a season of absolute fucking clangers by Mercedes who simply haven't recovered from the hilarity of Abu Dhabi. 

FIA Directive

Hamilton's season's gone so it doesn't matter for him, however Russell will be internally fucking seething if Mercedes have to alter the ride height and start regularly finishing out of the points or close to it. 

Glorious stuff.

This can only be good news for Red Bull. A bit like Mercedes in 2014, or Brawn in 2009, they just got the new regulations right from the beginning and will probably hose the championship. Ferrari are just too brittle to succeed this year. They can match (but maybe not beat) Red Bull on pace, but their engines are made out of porcelain. 

Crofty and co going all out for "the fia must act" to stop the bouncing was some look last night.Im no fan of Rb but Horner was absolutely correct in saying it's up to individual teams to sort out there own cars problems.At one point I thought Lazenby was just going to say "let lewis win" the fawning was so bad and it's everybody else's fault that the Merc isn't very good 

8 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Crofty and co going all out for "the fia must act" to stop the bouncing was some look last night.Im no fan of Rb but Horner was absolutely correct in saying it's up to individual teams to sort out there own cars problems.At one point I thought Lazenby was just going to say "let lewis win" the fawning was so bad and it's everybody else's fault that the Merc isn't very good 

Kravitz and Crofty trying to trip up Horner in that interview during FP2 was equally sad and funny. Face it lads, Mercedes car is a dog and Hamilton is basically a midfield driver now. Lovely 😂