The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

More mewling from guess who:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/61342278

Hamilton described the new focus on the issue as "almost a step backwards".

It seems unnecessary to get into this. I am here to be an ally of the sport - we have bigger fish to fry," he said.

EalNV7JXQAQ4J0m.png.e0607dcbc71c7a9d50f050f49db2bdf4.png

No m8, you're actually here as a middle of the pack driver within the sport just like fucking Gasly or Ricciardo. Get back in your box. 

Edited by vikingTON

4 hours ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

I'm already dreading the thought of the Vegas GP. Fat yanks whooping and hollering, celebrities that only Americans know wandering around the grid like they own the place and fuicking American football helmets. Pass.

Not going to be American football hats, it'll be one of these with PIRELLI plastered on it

Book Showgirl Dancers - Las Vegas Showgirls | Hire Entertainment

Or maybe an Elvis wig.

About to watch FP2 to see if the Mercedes upgrades are legit, or just more smoke and mirrors. Spain should suit Ferrari and it would be nice to see Carlos get a win, but for the Championship it has to be Sir Chuck himself. 

#EssereFerrari

Judging from the race simulations in FP2 everyone will be a mile behind Red Bull.
Maybe Leclerc will take pole and cause some problems for Verstappen but if they can't get their tyre issues sorted it'll all be for nothing.

Mercedes look better but it's a new engine with, supposedly, a relatively high engine mode for practice. Maybe they can get in and around Sainz but I don't see them challenging at the top for a while yet.

Funniest thing about the Aston/red bull/martin is Aston have just shown proof that they tested the design in the wind tunnel last August so the question is now did Red Bull copy the Aston 🤣

3 hours ago, charger29 said:

Judging from the race simulations in FP2 everyone will be a mile behind Red Bull.
Maybe Leclerc will take pole and cause some problems for Verstappen but if they can't get their tyre issues sorted it'll all be for nothing.

Mercedes look better but it's a new engine with, supposedly, a relatively high engine mode for practice. Maybe they can get in and around Sainz but I don't see them challenging at the top for a while yet.

I’m not so sure. I think the slower, boring nature of the track with a lot of slow corners and chicanes will suit the Ferrari more than the Red Bull.

I’m not so sure. I think the slower, boring nature of the track with a lot of slow corners and chicanes will suit the Ferrari more than the Red Bull.

Maybe you're right. Ferrari seemed to post better times this morning in the long runs on the soft tyres. Less drop off anyway.