The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

Not surprised at Merc looking a bit more competitive. I thought this track layout and Monaco were the two places where their problems would be least exposed. I'll wait to see how the car behaves around Borcelona before I declare their issues 'solved' though.

'I wore earrings my entire career and nobody ever said a thing'

Aye Danica, that's because you used to pootle around in the midfield and then bin it into the wall, people were more concerned with ensuring you didnae kill them hen...

Can easily see this being one of these daft races with a string of safety cars that ends in a wacky result like Tsunoda winning, Vettel 2nd, and Perez nursing a damaged Red Bull to 3rd

Edited by Boo Khaki

I have just seen Vettel's press conference where they asked about the jewellery and underwear thing and he says "they're old enough to make their own decisions". What absolute shite. If someone was in a fire and some jewellery or lack of flame proof underwear caused serious injury or death I'm sure everyone would just be fine if the FIA turned around and said "oh well they're old enough to make their own decisions". Or don't want to use the HANS device or the halo, aye batter in, it's your own choice.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

I have just seen Vettel's press conference where they asked about the jewellery and underwear thing and he says "they're old enough to make their own decisions". What absolute shite. If someone was in a fire and some jewellery or lack of flame proof underwear caused serious injury or death I'm sure everyone would just be fine if the FIA turned around and said "oh well they're old enough to make their own decisions". Or don't want to use the HANS device or the halo, aye batter in, it's your own choice.

That attitude, from both race control and the drivers, is what got Bianchi killed. The entire concept behind motorsport safety rules is precisely because drivers can make bad, dangerous decisions and it needs to be taken out of their control.

Maybe if they’d concentrate on the small things such as obeying the simple rules there’d be plenty of time to deal with the wider issues. “It’s only jewellery” is great till a chain or bracelet or suchlike is what prevents you getting taken out of the car or a defib being used. Hopefully we never see a need for that but that’s where these things start. As the elite they should set the example for the aspiring.