The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

15 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

It's always good to have some new names involved. I imagine that will improve the chances of Nurburgring or Hockenheim being added back to the calendar full time.

I wonder if the popularity of Drive to Survive n the States could tempt one of their car makers to join F1? It would be nice to see Ford or Chevy on the grid.

If both join it pretty much a cert the German gp will return 

34 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
6 hours ago, scottsdad said:
I miss the old Hockenheim track. The new one is dull. 

Definitely, there was just something special about them charging off into the forest section.

I think for fans there on the day it maybe wasn't the best, missing 2/3 of the lap. But for TV viewing it was utterly magical and very capable of delivering an exciting race. I remember Barrichello winning from 18th on the grid one year on the old track. The new one just doesn't have that something special about it. 

6 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Was always one of the races i most looked forward to, a completely unique challenge. The sound of the engines changing as they disappeared into the trees and the roar of the stadium section as they reappeared 3 miles later was incredible.  

8 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Indeed and the boozers in Karlsrhue were top notch we used to stay in a hotel and the pub next door had a slide to get to the toilets....hours of fun 

Holy shit there is an "opening ceremony" for this week's Miami Gp and it's on at 1am eh no thanks...it's one step away from saying that the after race entertainment is the Eddie Jordan band 

Holy shit there is an "opening ceremony" for this week's Miami Gp and it's on at 1am eh no thanks...it's one step away from saying that the after race entertainment is the Eddie Jordan band 
I thought that was the repeat and it's on live earlier.

24 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:
25 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

I thought that was the repeat and it's on live earlier.

Shows how much interest I have in it I'm sure it said live 🤣

9 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Yep that looks likes your normal F1 fan at this opening ceremony debacle.

It's "influencer' central and there is just loads of celebs kicking around...boy I know is there paid $35 plus tip for 2 soft drinks at the opening ceremony 🤣