The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

Don't think there's going to be any small shunts at this track , more so now with the ground effect cars . Can easily see there being 3 safety cars tomorrow . End result, Hamilton on the podium. 
Good chance of a couple of massive crashes tomorrow, there's just no margin for error in some of those corners.

Hopefully it's not unsafely so.

8 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Good chance of a couple of massive crashes tomorrow, there's just no margin for error in some of those corners.

Hopefully it's not unsafely so.

Last year I stuck my neck out and predicted a massive airborne crash here which thankfully never happened.  This year could be a different kettle if fish tho . The new spec cars able to race much closer together combined with the ground effect cars having a much more catastrophic drop off in performance when unbalanced could really see something huge happening.  

Between last year and today I’ve seen enough of this track now, needs to be removed from the calendar before someone gets seriously injured or worse.
Who would have thought a ridiculously high speed street circuit lined with walls would be dangerous.

2 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

Between last year and today I’ve seen enough of this track now, needs to be removed from the calendar before someone gets seriously injured or worse.
Who would have thought a ridiculously high speed street circuit lined with walls would be dangerous.

Have to echo this. Purely a money show with the Saudi’s wanting to be like Monaco. Wonder how much of last nights four hour meeting was about track safety as well.